General Dude, Where Are My Injectors Located?

Currently reading:
General Dude, Where Are My Injectors Located?

danda

Hi, I am new to this forum so excuse my ignorance. I have a Marea Weekend Estate 1.6 16v and the injector warning light has been coming on and off for a few days now and it runs a little rough too. Could anyone tell me where exactly I can find the injectors in the engine? Are they under the plastic part which has 16v written on it just above the spark plugs? Any advice would be fantastic, thanks.
Also how much would a diagnostic cost me, so I'd know exactly which injectors have gone to replace?

They are between the head and the firewall, before you dive in there try some injector cleaner in the fuel tank, costs change and if it works saves a lot of work.

I've already put in a 1/4 of redex cleaner with a full tank, but no joy as yet, is it wise to put the whole bottle in?
Sorry for ignorance, but what and where are/is the head and firewall?

the injector light doesnt mean the injectors are faulty. it is just a managment system / ecu warning light.

dont go removing the injectors.. take it for a diagnostic instead :)

Okay, will tel fiat and book a diagnostic. Does any1 know how much for one and time taken etc?

don't go to FIAT straight off. check yellow pages and find an independent. i know that the dealership near me uses an outside firm to their diagnositics.. so it cheaper to just cut out the middleman!

I am not a big fan of Redex, try your local Motor Factors for some injector cleaner, I have used the cheap and cheerful Comma one and it's been fine. I think that is about 1 can in full tank. The cylinder head is so called because its the top of the engine, the firewall is between the cabin and the engine compartment.

Its more than likely the lambda sensor if running rough aswell.

Ross

its the 1.6 engine so i'll bet all my money on an injector failure. injector falure is so common on the 1.6.

first thing to do is check the resistance of all injectors, that quickly identifies if there is a faulty injector. any injector giving less than 13ohms must be changed.

to check resistance use the connector at the side of the fuel rail. there are 5 pins, centre is earth, other 4 are each for an injector, a good resistance will be 14.5-15ohms.

scrapyard injectors are £5-10 each. replacement is very easy. get a haynes manual for the bravo/a or download the manuals here: www.babarmalik.com/ledmods.htm

you will find hundreds of threads about this problem if you search, many of them written by me. there are detailed diagnosis and replacement guides for the 1.6 injector problem. save me a few minutes of my life and do a search. :)

Back