Technical Ducato motorhomes with ALKO suspension

Currently reading:
Technical Ducato motorhomes with ALKO suspension

Just a quick update to my idea of raising the front ride height by fitting spring assisters. Took all of 45 minutes from start to finish. Ride height is now 77cm from the ground to the highest part of the arch with the front axle at 2020kg.

Total cost just £33. Currently running tyres at 65psi on all six wheels, the same as before the assisters were fitted. Much less harshness on the front end on your average road but potholes and the like still crash through the MH. You know the sort, the ones your car just shrugs its shoulders at. Even cats' eyes before the assisters would produce harshness in the cab but no more and the MH just glides over them. No difference in handling or stability over 200 miles of twisty A and B-roads.

Overall, very happy with the result.

Happy days

Attachments

• PICT0004 (7).JPG
    PICT0004 (7).JPG
    163.1 KB · Views: 40
  • PICT0003 (7).JPG
    PICT0003 (7).JPG
    135.7 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
mate i use king springs in the front of my ducato they raised the front about 70 mm and stopped the front from bottoming out i get my wheel alignments done at a truck place those cheap car places really have no idea the king spring part number is KFFR-37 buy them from repco ive done over 800000kms in my 2011 model year ducato which is constantly up on its weight limits and i swear by them Cheers Adam

I am looking for the AL-KO Comfort Suspension (ACS) here in Australia, where can you buy the system, I am told only trained people by AL-KO can buy them which seems weird to me

Last edited:
Don't know where you are. Near Brisbane, you can contact SR Automotive of Redcliffe. Think they actually carry a set in stock. They are approved fitters too. Their phone number is 07 32844500.

Ian.

Back