Technical Ducato 2.3 2017 euro6 New DPF fitted

Currently reading:
Technical Ducato 2.3 2017 euro6 New DPF fitted

Hello i have had a new DPF fitted and reset the values with Multiscan i was expecting it to some sort of regen after reading the notes relating to the message thats shown but nothing
I have checked the DPF parameters and all of them have reset to Zero so i presume its all good any info would be good to just my mind at rest

Regards Paul

I think the help text is a bit mixed up. I've noticed that with a few functions in MES. AFAIK the DPF reset is simply to rest recorded values after fitting a new unit. Part of the descriptive text relates to a forced regen, which is a separate function. Not much point running that on a new DPF as it is presumably cleaner than it's ever likely to be again!

I've got two other diagnostic kits that can perform the DPF reset function, besides MES, and neither make any mention of performing a forced regen as part of the procedure, just resetting the relevant ECU values and parameters.

Just a quick note we also fitted all new sensors to the DPF 3 temp probes and new O2 sensors as they had done 200k miles
biggest noticeable difference was how easy the ducato coasted but it still was sluggish under load and poor MPG
hooked it back up multi scan no faults stored but noticed it had done 5 regens in 1200 miles all motorway driving only thing i hadn't changed was the DPF pressure sensor
Fitted that and reset the values and wow what a difference pulls like a train

Strange thing is with all the problems i have had in the past the Ducato as never flagged any fault codes other than the blocked egr valve and egr valve cooler codes

Injectors beyond repair
Turbo waste gate sticking and warped shaft not meeting boost required by the ECU
Map sensor completely encrusted in sticky black carbon
O2 sensors reading a fixed O2 concentration with no difference in values whilst driving
Turbo Boost control solenoid not working/worn out
DPF blocked and passing soot exhaust tip encrusted in soot
DPF pressure sensor providing incorrect readings for the conditions

No fault codes stored at all for the above

Even when it lost all the coolant due to a cracked engine block no warning light for low coolant level just went into limp mode Engine was replaced under warranty after numerous dealer attempts to repair the leak

Just got to keep it running for another 18 months then trade it in for a new one

Back