Technical Ducato 2.3 130 EU6 multiple issues

Currently reading:
Technical Ducato 2.3 130 EU6 multiple issues

rolopolo

Established member
Morning all

Has anyone come across a running issue, where normal driving, the engine “Jumps or Hiccups” kind of like a sharp stop start sensation this throwing it into limp mode.

Pull over switch off leave a few seconds, start and off we go, still with engine Warning light and “check engine” on display, but drivable maybe slight down on power.

DPF is showing 65.17clogged as of doing this scan just now

All 5 of these faults appear each time this happens (has happened about 5 times over the last month or two)

I’m totally guessing that it’s possible one issue is causing the engine to “Fart” and creating all 5 faults,

No other singular issues showing singular faults ??*♂️

Not currently in the financial position to let random garages start throwing dpf’s, turbos, days of diagnostics at it,
Any advice or experience I’d be grateful
Thanks
Neil IMG_3487.JPG

With several apparently unrelated "faults" I would first check the engine earthing as it's not unknown for the earth strap to corrode causing odd electrical glitches, and if that makes no difference I'd be looking for a wiring fault in the usual suspect places.

Might be worth replacing the engine earth strap anyway as they're not expensive, just to rule it out. Or try running with a jump lead between the body earth lug and a suitable point on the engine for a while to see if it makes any difference.

In addition to the engine earth strap, I recommend checking/cleaning the main battery +12 v and ground connections at both ends.

Multiple unrelated fault indications often mean that something common to all circuits has an intermittent fault, that something being the 12V power supply or any of the earth returns to the body.

Eliminate the simple stuff first !

In addition to the engine earth strap, I recommend checking/cleaning the main battery +12 v and ground connections at both ends.

Multiple unrelated fault indications often mean that something common to all circuits has an intermittent fault, that something being the 12V power supply or any of the earth returns to the body.

Eliminate the simple stuff first !

Regular checked mate, earth strap was replaced with a locally sourced high amp age earth lead, however was a year or so ago,

My feelings are throttle valve or egr
Something that feels like it’s closing and stopping the fuel flow for a split second then reopening

Throwing the error,

Replaced throttle valve a year ago also, was water ingress to the wiring connector to loom

Just wondering if anyone’s really suffered similar or same main fault, most the common issues I’ve checked or replaced recently and on the previous 4 X250/290 variants I’ve had [emoji1303][emoji1303]
Cheers for the response [emoji1303][emoji1303]

Back