Technical Dualogic frightener

Currently reading:
Technical Dualogic frightener

Dudders

Hello all, It's a 10 plate 1.2 and it's covered just 4000 miles(1200 with me). First impressions are that it's a sensational auto thing. I agree with nigh on all it's gear selections.
Gave me a fright today however-cold start,select reverse,a few paces and bong bong bong goes the warning tones and it's reverted to neutral?
Try 1st gear and exactly the same-a few paces and it's back into neutral.
Has anyone had this and is it leading up to a sinsister issue maybe?

Left it alone for a while and on returning I find it's working well again-how strange.
Apparently a new dualogic box is approx £800. That'd just about be covered with the used warranty it came with looking on the black side.

Any thoughts anyone?

Ta lots

Happened to me a few times this winter. Actually happened everyday on cold starts for like 10 days in cold weather! When warm never happens. It hasn't happened for a few weeks. The dualogic must be the moodiest gearbox in the world!

Basically it happened a few times I moved the gear lever a few times and it eventually stuck in first gear and moved from neutral

Hello all, It's a 10 plate 1.2 and it's covered just 4000 miles(1200 with me). First impressions are that it's a sensational auto thing. I agree with nigh on all it's gear selections.
Gave me a fright today however-cold start,select reverse,a few paces and bong bong bong goes the warning tones and it's reverted to neutral?

Left it alone for a while and on returning I find it's working well again-how strange.
Apparently a new dualogic box is approx £800. That'd just about be covered with the used warranty it came with looking on the black side.

Any thoughts anyone?

Ta lots

Wonder if warming it up on those cold mornings would help. Oils in the engine and transmission can get sluggish when cold. Perhaps let it idle for a minute or two before heading out in the morning.

The dualogic must be the moodiest gearbox in the world!

Nope - that would be the Selespeed (I had one for 13 years - I sorta miss it :( )

You should know that the DuoLogic is essentially the same as the Selespeed .....but better developed

The behaviour you describe is synonymous with insufficient pressure in the system. Could be from a whole bunch of things .... accumulator, pressure pump, leaking actuator .............. but since it happens first thing after a cold start I would guess that it is a simple case that the system is insufficiently pressurised as the fluid is cold and still overtly viscous

If the situation is more dire the good thing is that these systems are better understood now and parts are readily available

Good Luck

Nope - that would be the Selespeed (I had one for 13 years - I sorta miss it :( )

You should know that the DuoLogic is essentially the same as the Selespeed .....but better developed

The behaviour you describe is synonymous with insufficient pressure in the system. Could be from a whole bunch of things .... accumulator, pressure pump, leaking actuator .............. but since it happens first thing after a cold start I would guess that it is a simple case that the system is insufficiently pressurised as the fluid is cold and still overtly viscous

If the situation is more dire the good thing is that these systems are better understood now and parts are readily available

Good Luck

Well as long as it is driveable I guess I don't mind.
Another funny thing with my 'box is now and then at random times the check gearbox message with the red gearbox light comes on, but only does so for like a second before disappearing.
I showed it to dealer a while back and they said a message saying system cannot communicate with the gearbox but since it is a 'instantaneous code' and not a permanent one they said we wont do anything about it so I just ignore it and drive on. Has worked out like that for the past year or so haha. Oh and the weird noise when switching to third gear seems to have disappeared! Haha the gearbox has its own personality!
You can feel the clutch wearing a bit after 80,000 kms of driving but I still think the clutch has a decent life in it yet so I wont change it for now. Was quoted 350 Euros for the clutch replacement so not the end of the world so if I am not going on a major trip may just change it if the clutch becomes basically undriveable!

Apparently a new dualogic box is approx £800.

Chance would be a fine thing, its a £800 option on a new 500 vs a manual version, but I'd sit down if you want a price for a new Dualogic Box and / or Actuator setup.

Selespeed and dualogic like you say are exactly the same, name was only changed to drop the poor reputation Selespeed got. Not sure if it did ever get any better development on the later systems, but the physical parts on Dualogics are all Selespeed, and stamped accordingly.

Any thoughts anyone?

Ta lots
Fixed it 500 fans. It was verdigree behind the seal arrangement of the nearside rear light cluster. Amberklene/WD40/repeated make and breaks of plug to polish those crimps and the little barstard works!
I'd noted that my car drops into neutral as the footbrake is released you see(reverse or 1st matters not of course)
Don't know the tie-up with the auto workings but ties up it damn well is!
How many monster bills generated with glamorous parts fitted for no good reason?

Fixed it 500 fans. It was verdigree behind the seal arrangement of the nearside rear light cluster. Amberklene/WD40/repeated make and breaks of plug to polish those crimps and the little barstard works!
I'd noted that my car drops into neutral as the footbrake is released you see(reverse or 1st matters not of course)
Don't know the tie-up with the auto workings but ties up it damn well is!
How many monster bills generated with glamorous parts fitted for no good reason?
Sealing part of the multiplug connector I should've stated(green).Corrosion lurking where it shouldn't reach at the moulded yellow portion

Back