Technical Dualogic - 1st or neutral when stopped in traffic?

Currently reading:
Technical Dualogic - 1st or neutral when stopped in traffic?

deebe

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knows this. I have a 2015 Fiat 500 Dualogic.
The user manual is not clear on this and short of a vague hint, it doesn't say what the Dualogic gearbox will do when the car is stopped in traffic with the engine running, e.g. at a red light.
I assume that it will keep the 1st gear engaged and the clutch disengaged ("pedal pressed") for as long as the vehicle is stopped.
If that is the case, then I also assume that if in that situation I move the gear lever into 'N' position, it will put the gearbox in neutral and will release the clutch.

Are my assumptions correct?
Would you recommend doing it (shifting to N) at long stops (to reduce the wear on the clutch bearing)?

Thank you.

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knows this. I have a 2015 Fiat 500 Dualogic.
The user manual is not clear on this and short of a vague hint, it doesn't say what the Dualogic gearbox will do when the car is stopped in traffic with the engine running, e.g. at a red light.
I assume that it will keep the 1st gear engaged and the clutch disengaged ("pedal pressed") for as long as the vehicle is stopped.
If that is the case, then I also assume that if in that situation I move the gear lever into 'N' position, it will put the gearbox in neutral and will release the clutch.

Are my assumptions correct?
Would you recommend doing it (shifting to N) at long stops (to reduce the wear on the clutch bearing)?

Thank you.

Yes.. :)

Its a manual puntos clutch and gearbox ;)

So like a manual.. you would be loading the clutch release bearing... If sat with the clutch disengaging drive

My mother had a Duologic. The owner's manual said to use neutral at traffic lights. However, the electronics took so long to faff about resetting the biting point, we gave up doing that. People would be honking us to get on with it.

However, these are are notorious for wearing out the clutch so the release bearing hardly matters. It emulates a slush box with too much clutch slipping. A worn clutch all get a new release bearing so I really would not worry about it. Just be aware that a worn clutch gets very heavy to use so you are likely to get system errors when its due for a new clutch.

Back