General Drivability probs - lambda\cat hdi sensor? help plz

Currently reading:
General Drivability probs - lambda\cat hdi sensor? help plz

adzul

Hi
I have a 2001 2.0 jtd rhd.
Emissions warning light is on and boost is irregular - seems as if the fueling is mixed up - I'm thinking ecu has mixed info so making wrong decisions.
But I'm no expert, hence post :confused:

I have given the owners manual a quick read - it seems to suggest there are 2 lambda sensors (O2 sensors which oscillate on 0/+1 volt signal from lean to rich to control fueling) which monitor the efficiency of the cat.

I can't find them - physically. I expect them to be directly up and downstream of the cat - if i'm under the van and run my hand from turbo out to 1st box there are no threaded connections and no probes bolted in ??
:confused: :confused: :confused:

Other thing i've been told is that it may be an injector sensor - any advice on this theory gratefully received.

Can anyone help?

thanks

Gareth

Hi T14086, thanks for reply.

I popped into my local fiat dealer this eve - and had a chat with bloke in parts department - he got the magic computer to give spec of my van from chassis #
Apparently it doesn't have a lambda probe!!
:eek:
so if the ecu thinks its running 'dirty' what am i checking for?
There are no fuel leaks - I am thinking about a fuel treatment as it can't hurt.

air filter is sound, then just run thru the airflow system looking for points of air loss. OK will do

You said valves - which valve please m8?
thanks again
'zul

T14086 you are welcome down my local for a pint anyday.

Found a long split in pipe that takes air at pressure from turbo to intercooler, think it had been crushed by some monkey with a jack.

Popped down local fiat dealer, they had a replacement 'pipe' (the part name :) ) instock. Easy out easy in this am and now it feels like a proper engine - boost is reliable and it pulls all the way up & down rev range.

Thanks v much

'zul

Cornwall.....

whiskey u say, hmmmmmmmm

:idea:

Tesco value ok?.....................

:D

Forgot to ask,

I'm hoping/guessing that the EOBD light was (& is) on because turbo pressure sensor had low readings. Now it's back up to normal working will the light go out on it's own? Or do i need to get a man with a laptop to 'speak' with the ecu?

'zul

adzul said:
Forgot to ask,

I'm hoping/guessing that the EOBD light was (& is) on because turbo pressure sensor had low readings. Now it's back up to normal working will the light go out on it's own? Or do i need to get a man with a laptop to 'speak' with the ecu?

'zul

From memory it should go out after 40 drive cycles.Its a peugeot system.

Back