Technical Drain on battery

Currently reading:
Technical Drain on battery

badwelder

I am trying to trace a parasitic battery drain on my 1999 Swift Sundance, I connected a test light to the negative which came on, then I removed the fuses one by one and the light stayed on, fuses checked were the ones in the glove box and the 3 near to the battery are there any more I might have missed? Thanks.

Could be alternator disconnect the positive.

The 3 fuses close to the battery could be related to the habitation electrics. Fridge, split charge, and ??

Do you have an aftermarket alarm? This could be tagged in somewhere.

Vehicle wiring tends to evolve slowly until radical changes are made. Perhaps the following may help.

Years ago, I owned a Talbot Express 2.5TD. From my notes the vehicle electrics, excluding the starter, were supplied by a single brown cable connected direct to B+. This was split at a 4 way large blade connector on the RH inner wing above the battery, next to the glowplug controller. The diverging cables were brown to the fuses in the glovebox, and black to the ignition switch. The 4th blade was spare, until I added added a relay for the starter solenoid. I have a sketch showing a another black wire (still unfused) diverging before the ignition switch.

Back