Styling Door protectors recommendations?

Currently reading:
Styling Door protectors recommendations?

As I park close to a fence at work and at home I have managed to chip the drivers door paint quite considerably which is being rectified when car goes in for the bonnet and wing re-spray next month.

As I know the same will happen again eventually on the door does anyone have a recommendation for protecting the door when it opens? I've seen a couple of different products online but would appreciate a recommendation. The ones I have seen are strips and also adhesive tape-like.

Thanks.

As I park close to a fence at work and at home I have managed to chip the drivers door paint quite considerably which is being rectified when car goes in for the bonnet and wing re-spray next month.

As I know the same will happen again eventually on the door does anyone have a recommendation for protecting the door when it opens? I've seen a couple of different products online but would appreciate a recommendation. The ones I have seen are strips and also adhesive tape-like.

Thanks.

I've had a look Heidi but as you have pointed out, there are only those door strip type things which can look a bit naff.

Here's a thought which might help protect your door a bit, if not entirely from the fence, but other parked cars. Seeing as you are going to the expense of having a bonnet and wing respray next month, how about buying a genuine Fiat 500 side moulding kit (if you already have them, please ignore this post!) and ask whoever does the wing and bonnet job, to spray them up the right colour for your car and stick these on, which for the price, I don't think are too bad. They are primed ready for painting:

http://www.partsworld-uk.com/product/Side_mouldings-500_50901675

Thanks but already have those but don't help with opening car door onto fence. Its the edge of the door not the face IFYKWIM. Don't mind 'naff' if means no chips.....

I know I ought to try to miss the fence but having tried and failed for 5 years with this car then I have to try to think of this alternative :/

Heidi

A couple of these with double sided sticky tape should do the trick:devil::D(y)

Attachments

• th.jpeg
    th.jpeg
    1.6 KB · Views: 358
Lol! If you were my missus, we'd have had serious words by now!

It's a bit like the parking in the car park completely out of the way of anyone else so your doors don't get bashed by someone else or their kids syndrome. It happens to me often and I know it must happen to other people. You know, you go to the supermarket and park as far away from the front door as possible in an area where there isn't another car for three rows and where you know most people wouldn't park because they couldn't be bothered to walk more than 30 metres to the store entrance and then some prat comes and parks right next to your own car :bang:

I think some people do it to just to get up other peoples noses. :cry:

Have you considered helicopter tape. Its all over my mountain bike frame as it prevents wear and tear. Even rocks and stones bounce off the down tube with no marks!
Search ebay bike helicopter tape. Get the good 3M stuff i think .25mm thick barely see it.

A bit of lateral thinking but if you always park in the same spot next to the fence, perhaps you could attach some foam of some kind to the fence where the impact takes place.

Just a thought but if you've recently had the paintwork resprayed, you need to leave a little time for the paint to properly harden before applying anything adhesive to it.

That helicopter tape looks interesting.

Just a thought but if you've recently had the paintwork resprayed, you need to leave a little time for the paint to properly harden before applying anything adhesive to it.

That helicopter tape looks interesting.

If the new paint was UV cured it'll take upwards of 6 months to fully cure & outgas. If it was a baked finish it'll be good to go right from the off.

A bit of lateral thinking but if you always park in the same spot next to the fence, perhaps you could attach some foam of some kind to the fence where the impact takes place.

This is what we do at our work. We park in single file down the side of the office, and most times in the same spot. Foam from the local hardware store ensures all doors are protected in case wind catches it and flings it open

Back