Technical Door hinge replacement broke white plastic clip!! Help

Currently reading:
Technical Door hinge replacement broke white plastic clip!! Help

The1bigman

Hi. I was replacing the door hinge. Easy enough, but broke the little white plastic locating clip in the back of the handle mechanism when pushing the link back in (that's the link with the red clip at the other end). Does anyone know where I can get one?

Hi, I have just ordered two blue clips from AECar parts, after having a conversation with them. My car has a blue and a red clip at the bottom end of the two rods in the drivers door. I asked if there was any difference between the white clip and the blue one at the bottom. He said, as I also thought, that if a blue one was fitted at the bottom then a blue one ought to fit at the top..

Update, I ordered 2 blue ones and the blue and red appear to be the same.

https://www.aecar.co.uk/

Hi. I was replacing the door hinge. Easy enough, but broke the little white plastic locating clip in the back of the handle mechanism when pushing the link back in (that's the link with the red clip at the other end). Does anyone know where I can get one?

Door handle.??

Ive not seen a broken DOOR HINGE in 20 years.

I think I know the but you mean. Post a pic I’ve most likely got one you can have.

Thanks. I've not got any bits of the broken part. It sits in the back of the door handle to hold the downwards link that drops down to the red clip and the door release. I will try take a pic of where it goes tomorrow. I very much appreciate your help. I see you've been helpful to many others. John

Thanks. I've not got any bits of the broken part. It sits in the back of the door handle to hold the downwards link that drops down to the red clip and the door release. I will try take a pic of where it goes tomorrow. I very much appreciate your help. I see you've been helpful to many others. John

I know the bit you mean. I’ll have a look in the morning see if I have one.

Pictures attached..
The blue ones are identical to the blue ones.

Hi, I have just ordered two blue clips from AECar parts, after having a conversation with them. My car has a blue and a red clip at the bottom end of the two rods in the drivers door. I asked if there was any difference between the white clip and the blue one at the bottom. He said, as I also thought, that if a blue one was fitted at the bottom then a blue one ought to fit at the top..

Update, I ordered 2 blue ones and the blue and red appear to be the same.

https://www.aecar.co.uk/

Attachments

• IMG_4229.JPG
    IMG_4229.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 70
  • IMG_4230.JPG
    IMG_4230.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 64
Ah yes, it's the little white ones you have in the pic. Where did you get them? Same place?

Back