Styling door handle trouble please help

Currently reading:
Styling door handle trouble please help

RICH - 1.8

a few weeks ago i swapped my crap bravo handles for sum nice marea 1s which i colour coded and fitted but i cant seem to get the passenger side to work! i`l try and explain wot happens!
after i have replaced both pins into the handle and i replace it into the door flush it doesnt work if i move it slightly down so its not flush with the paintwork it works! 4 sum reason wen its flush the little hook that moves the pin down wen u pull the handle is notbeing moved correctly, i have tried 3 handles to rectify it but no luck! i no the pin works cuz if i take the handle off completely and force it down with my hand thru the gap it pops the door open! sorry 4 the long thread but ne help wud be extremely welcome

cheers :bang: :mad: (n)

rich

the clue here is if you move it slightly down so its not flush with the paintwork it works. that means the rod is not moving down far enough. maybe the rod is bent. try bending it in a way that will make it effectively longer.

i`l giv that a go its either that or wen i put the handle bak in there is sumfin inside pushing down on the spring unit that is connected to the hook so wen pulling the handle it takes a centimetre before it makes contact with the hook thus pushing the rod down? im proper banboozled and dont fancy takin it 2 a garage but i`ve bin tryin 2 sort it 4 a month

:mad:

As Jug mentioned really, it should work a slight bend is all it takes but i remember when doing mine, i found out not to over tighten the bolts aswell, prevents the handle from working properly, however in my case it still worked but the handle went stiff.

Back