General Dog Transpot Information Required

Currently reading:
General Dog Transpot Information Required

Hi, just joined as Im thinking of buying a 2016 Panda but I havent had a good look at one yet, just info from the web. I just need to know if there is enough room to carry a Largish Golde Retriever in the luggage area comfortably (I see there are dog guards available), and also if its possible to carry two largish dogs with the rear seats down. I hope so as the car looks ideal for what I need. TIA

I have a 4x4 and regularly carry my daughter's 4 year old male retriever who is just under 35 Kg. I fold the rear seat down which does slope a bit so I have put a thick rubber mat over it which allow him to grip and not slide backwards. More of a problem is the drop from the folded down seat back to the boot space floor. This is about 10 cm so I have found some foam to fill up this gap. The rubber mat also goes over the foam.
In the last couple of months my daughter has acquired another retriever puppy. So far I have managed to transport them both with the puppy in her crate. I am hopping they will both fit in when the puppy is out of the crate but time will tell.
Chris

Thanks so much Chris, my two are four year old brothers and weigh 30k each and usually go to sleep and lie down in the car so that sounds perfect, thanks again.
Phil

I have done some modifications to my 67 Fiat Pop to improve the rear boot area:

1) a piece of thick plywood to go under the boot carpet to spread the load rather than press on the spare tyre.

2) a sheet of black rubber fixed to the back of the rear seat back using penny washers and self tapping screws. This helps to stop items sliding around when the seat back is lowered as far as it will go.

3) a separate sheet of thick plywood which is cut to size to fit between the wheel arches and rests on the edge of the lowered seat back and the rear boot lip. This gives a reasonably flat loading area for carrying folded bikes etc. and avoids the step as noted earlier.

Hope this helps.

Alan

I feel the boot space alone is insufficient for a dog of even a medium size, and there is NO crash protection space. With the seats folded down 2 labs would be happy if you raise the boot floor with a piece of board as suggested. One lab would be just about OK in the boot its self but not two. We have a French Bull Jack and he is not happy in the boot so we have a top quality seat cover and he resides on the back seat which also allows use of the doggy restraint in the seat belt. He loves all the Pandas as much as me!

Back