General Does it need servicing?

Currently reading:
General Does it need servicing?

domystevens

Hi,

I've got a 4 year old Grande Punto Sporting 1.4 T-Jet.

It had its last service just over a year ago at 27K miles although the dealership said they did the 36K miles service on it.

I've only done about 4k miles in the last year since the last service and on the dash it says I dont need a service for another 14k miles.

As it hasn't been serviced for just over a year, despite the fact it's only done 4k miles in the past year, does it still need to be serviced now? If so, does it just need an interim service or full service?

Thanks very much!

Hi,

I've got a 4 year old Grande Punto Sporting 1.4 T-Jet.

It had its last service just over a year ago at 27K miles although the dealership said they did the 36K miles service on it.

I've only done about 4k miles in the last year since the last service and on the dash it says I dont need a service for another 14k miles.

As it hasn't been serviced for just over a year, despite the fact it's only done 4k miles in the past year, does it still need to be serviced now? If so, does it just need an interim service or full service?

Thanks very much!

I would service it anyway, turbo engines need to be taken care of and i would service it every year regardless of mileage - but as you have only done limited milage the oil change will be even more important as chances are it has not often had the chance to warm up fully for a decent amount of time over the past year

Back