Technical Does anybody know the answer to this??? 100hp query

Currently reading:
Technical Does anybody know the answer to this??? 100hp query

Hegnirst

right i have a 2010 panda with a upgraded speaker pack. no aux option on the radio itself grr

when i plug my new radio in the two normal plugs will i loose the extra speakers? and will i loose the sub? I'm guessing guess, so how the heck do i connect them up with out loosing anything? steering wheel controls aren't the biggest problem, i know you can one for that.

thanks i advance!!

It had been half a day, patience is the key, people won't post unless they know the answer.

Speakers you shouldn't loose, but the sub you will unless you wire the signal wire into the replacement head units wiring.

There have been recent posts about aux inputs on the OEM headunit and people with subs loosing them as they have to unplug the sub signal feed plug to use the aux input port. Might be worth having a look (y)

As far as I know, you won't lose the tweeters, but you will lose the subwoofer. The sub needs a 12v power supply, which is provided via the same plug in the back of the stock HU which you disconnect when you're installing an aux cable.

I don't know how you can manage to replace the stock HU with an after market one, yet keep the sub working. I'm sure it's possible, you just need to know more about car electronics than I do to pull it off.

As far as I know, you won't lose the tweeters, but you will lose the subwoofer. The sub needs a 12v power supply, which is provided via the same plug in the back of the stock HU which you disconnect when you're installing an aux cable.

I doubt the OEM head unit is supplying the power supply to the sub, the sub should have its own power feed, and the head unit normally supplies just a signal feed.

I doubt the OEM head unit is supplying the power supply to the sub, the sub should have its own power feed, and the head unit normally supplies just a signal feed.
According to the image below, the only wire on the C1 plug (the one you remove to install an aux cable) is a 12v switched supply for the sub/amp.

attachment.php

According to the image below, the only wire on the C1 plug (the one you remove to install an aux cable) is a 12v switched supply for the sub/amp.

attachment.php

Yep, 300ma looking at that, so as I thought its only a signal feed to trigger a relay in the sub.

This being the case you should be able to use the signal feed from the aftermarket head unit and connect it to the wire going to C1 and your sub should then work with the aftermarket head unit :)

attachment.php

Yep, 300ma looking at that, so as I thought its only a signal feed to trigger a relay in the sub.

This being the case you should be able to use the signal feed from the aftermarket head unit and connect it to the wire going to C1 and your sub should then work with the aftermarket head unit :)

this is what I am thinking as well.
The blue wire (remote cable) out of the back of the radio is a switch to tell the sub to come on and off, but it is that or is the actual 12v feed. as subs don't use switched feed it you wire them. :p

I'm sure the last time I looked the sub has a main feed as well,the trigger wire just turns it on when required with the radio,also if your fitting the aux in you can just swap pins in the plug so you can have both,HTH

I'm sure the last time I looked the sub has a main feed as well,the trigger wire just turns it on when required with the radio,also if your fitting the aux in you can just swap pins in the plug so you can have both,HTH

I want to do this, does it matter which pin on the C1 plug the Aux uses? I'm assuming it's doesn't need to be the same one as the sub uses (pin 6)?

Back