General Doblo cut out and wont start.

Currently reading:
General Doblo cut out and wont start.

piratepaul

Hi, I was stopped with the engine running and the radio on, I leaned over to the passengers seat to get the phone, maybe I took my weight off the seat... I dont know, when I turned the radio down, the engine had stopped.

There is a light flashing at the bottom of the rev counter, it looks like a man in a seat with a backwards seat at his feet and a cresent behind his head with an x through it... Any idea what it is?

The imobiliser light comes on when I turn the key but goes out.
Is there a reset button or some such?

I have had the car a week 1.9 diesel.

Thanks.

I have looked under the seats but dont see any thing... exactly where?

You say sometmes... I dont see it... may be under the carpet? May be it is somewhere else on this model (JTD) under the bonnet?

I read something on line on this and it said it could be triggered by slaming a door... just befor I turned the radio down I opened the door, the wind took the door from my hand and it hit a bin, I could see no damage and thought nothing more of it.

WHERE IS THE RESET BUTTON... HHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLP!

Thanks.

Try the drivers side A pillar - where the front door is hinged to the upright. About knee height when sitting down, follow the plastic kick panel from the footwell up the A pillar and you will find a small oval recess in the top of the plastic kick panel. On the older JTD, behind this recess you will find the fuel reset button.
The fuel cut off switch works on inertia, rather like a seat belt, when there's a bang, the fuel cut off switch activates.

Nice one lads... its just by the drivers knee (right hand drive) on this 04 JTD...

Yeeehhhha.

It is so frustrating when thay happens on any car. I didn't realise that Fiat fitted them on Diesels with a mechanical pump.

I got the heads up from a mate that runs his family owned independent garage that had a contract for the local Royal Mail fleet maintenance.
He said he lost count of the times the 1.3 Multijet vans that got recovered in due to the 'Pat's' bumping them up kerbs and couldn't get them to re-start. Easy fix by just pushing the fuel cut off switch.

Just had a titter to myself singing the new version of the Postman Pat song..

Postman Pat, Postman Pat, Postman Pat and his black and white DPF, early in the morning you'll hear Pat cursing, the f***ing Doblo's being towed again. All around the town in his little dead van, towed behind the lovely AA man.....

:D

Feel free to add verses & choruses (y)

Back