do you coast in neutral?

Currently reading:
do you coast in neutral?

back when i was in collage fresh out of high school i knew at least one person who wrote off his vauxhall nova playing the 'see how far you can go with your lights off game' drove into a ditch on unlit country roads it darkest rural norfolk :rolleyes:

What were you learning at college? It obviously wasn't spelling or English! :D

What were you learning at college? It obviously wasn't spelling or English! :D

3rdi4c.jpg

I'm gonna go with troll :rolleyes:

The on a street thats lit With just sidelights is pointless, there like candles in the distance, CRAP

Okay sure maybe with DRL's and sidelights sure, But me personally

Headlights all the way!

If i think its time for sidelights - i go straight to headlights instead as my sidelights are crap!

ziggy

guilty to coasting. mpg>my girlfriend tbh hahaha!
no but i do coast downhill or towards stopped traffic/red lights etc
cruise control is on at every chance given also..

We have cruise control on the Mitsubishi Colt. Impossible to use as traffic never moves at a constant speed.

guilty to coasting. mpg>my girlfriend tbh hahaha!
no but i do coast downhill or towards stopped traffic/red lights etc
cruise control is on at every chance given also..

Cruise control will not save fuel, unless you are crap at keeping speed constant yourself.
You can see a hill coming, so can increase throttle as you hit the bottom, to maintain speed. The cruise control will wait and as the speed drops, (only 0.5mph on the Fiesta), it will then increase the throttle, to regain the original speed, so using more fuel. You can see the brow of a hill, the cruise control cannot. You can ease the throttle before you crest the brow. The cruise will wait until the speed increases, then let go, having wasted a microgramme or two of fuel. On a long flattish journey this may be negligible, but any hills and it will cost.

Great fun though, there's a hilly road, B4192 Swindon to Aldbourne, lots of dips, gets the cruise really working hard.

Back