DIY alarm fitting..........

Currently reading:
DIY alarm fitting..........

just bought a new toad alarm for 110quid exc. fitting

im wanting to save a few quid and fit it myself....does ne1 know how big the job is and if its worth attempting to fit it?? it has all the locking door features etc.....

- ive fitted lowering springs to the car so am not new to DIY!!! (even tho i messed up fitting an ecotek valve! dont laugh it was a one off)

thanks,

EVERYONE- SPRAY YOUR PUNTOS BLACK

i got the sterling pro from direct car parts.with my alarm for the cinq i got the standard toad wiring diagram but also got a autodata sheet with where and what colour wires were in the cinq.worth giving them a call to see if they can supply one for you.alarms are fairly complicated to fit,you need a multimeter and patience.start with the basics,live,earth ,ignition live and indicator wires as these are all at the steering column and work your way from there

A Dog Is Not Just For Christmas
Sliced Thinly It Can Last Till Easter

I got a Toad C4 from there last year. I wired it up myself without any major problems, just need a screwdriver, wire striper and a soldering iron.

I'd never done anything like it before and it was all pretty simple.

matt

matt

i got started doing it 2day and gave up- i havnt a clue which wires i should attach to, where they are in the car etc....looks like im gonna have to pay 60 quid or whatever to get it fitted :(

EVERYONE- SPRAY YOUR PUNTOS BLACK
sdfdfggd.jpg
fggdgfrdde.jpg

David

In case you haven´t noticed "haines" got wiring diagrams in the back of their repair manuals, just look for the wires you need.Hope this helps.

buy a multimeter,identify one wire at a time.1st the earth is a direct connection to the bodywork.constant live is direct from the battery or anything that is always live Eg.radio live.ignition live can be found around the steering column.courtesy light wire(identifys when the doors open is behind the windscreen piller up to the light.indicater wire is in the steering column and when indicaters are working will give a pulsed live.its worth buying the multimeter cos once you have fitted one you wont have to pay for fitting again[8D]

A Dog Is Not Just For Christmas
Sliced Thinly It Can Last Till Easter

I would say dont give up. me and my pa fitted a Microscan alarm on Saturday morning. We also fitted Microscan C/L a couple of months ago, and then fitted the rmeote add-on for it. It aint too gard - at the risk of cliches, take it one wire at a time.

Sam (and Geoff)

You can kiss my flat-ass

Back