General distributor unit 1988 ducato

Currently reading:
General distributor unit 1988 ducato

geoff thorne

HI.
have had a lot of hastle with fiat ducato camper van it has been backfiring badly .
But have changed spark plugs ,leads, coil, exhaust gone through two of them.exploded boxs on exhaust.now we have it down to timing and need a new or second hand distributor unit. the original one was made by disellior cant track one down in ireland please help:confused::worship:

hi guys .
1988 petrol 1971cc fiat camper
still in trouble. had distributer fitted friday drove van home .backfiring has now stopped but on changing up the gears it losess power i have to rev it hard to get a smooth gear change. i havnt a clue now. change plugs, leads, distributer, coil. it idels fine i cant think of anything else to change.

I am not familiar with these motors but it sounds to me like it is not advancing properly. Check timing at idle with vaccuum disconnected. Rev the engine and chaeck the timing advances. Connect the vaccum and rev again, check it advances further.

just got back from mechanic it seems to be the ignition unit next to distributer. apparently these go regularly. thanks for all the help.

Back