General Dirty diesel

Currently reading:
General Dirty diesel

Tom JL

Hi Guys,
I have recently purchased a 1.9 Sporting, and love the car, but have one question -
How much should it smoke? Its fine sat at a constant speed but as soon as you put your foot down I can see clouds coming out from behind me! - Is this normal or could something be wrong?
Cheers
Tom

Hi Guys,
I have recently purchased a 1.9 Sporting, and love the car, but have one question -
How much should it smoke? Its fine sat at a constant speed but as soon as you put your foot down I can see clouds coming out from behind me! - Is this normal or could something be wrong?
Cheers
Tom
What conditions are you driving in? Sounds normal for cold mornings.

40 Mile commute to work and back, about 15 miles of motorway, temperature usually around 2/3-7/8 Degrees this time of year at a guess

Never got under the car to see if its been De-catted,
Re-Mapped i'm not so sure, went from a 1.2 to the 1.9 so it feels very quick anyway, but having not driven any others properly I'm not sure, any sure way to check apart from a RR?

Mine doesnt smoke. Used to have a Cadillac BLS and that chucked it out on accelleration however have never seen any from the back of my 1.9 MJET. Does yours have a DPF?

Mine doesnt smoke. Used to have a Cadillac BLS and that chucked it out on accelleration however have never seen any from the back of my 1.9 MJET. Does yours have a DPF?

I'm not too sure what to look for! I'ts a 2008 57 plate if that makes any difference :)

My 1.9 only ever smokes on a cold morning. Never had it any other time.

What colour is the smoke? White, Black or a bluey haze to it?

from experience the fabia vrs pours smoke out after a re-map real dirty black smoke.

Perhaps yours has had a remap but check the turbo

Okay thanks guys, I'll check the EGR this weekend,

As my previous question, is there any easy way to tell if it has been Re-mapped? I did this think at first. If its had a tuning box where would this be?

Mine didn't smoke all the way up to 4k, remapped an decatted!
My new passat 2.0tdi140 smokes from 2.5k really badly!

Could be a dirty filter or faulty maf

My Clio dci used to smoke like that dturbo! Made for hilarious fun during the summer if a drop top was behind you! Nothing better than booting it and watching the cars come through the cloud of black smoke you've left behind.

Back