General Dilemma..

Currently reading:
General Dilemma..

Greetings, Citizens.

I have to thin out the fleet.. we currently have three cars and that should really go down to two.

The Panda is Mrs. Plug's car and getting rid of that is non-negotiable :eek:. So it was looking like a choice between the Golf and the Barchetta..

However, I've seen another car I'm interested in and so want to part-ex one and sell the other. So, which do you think I should part-ex? It is entirely the wrong time of year to try and get rid of a convertible, and I fully expect to lose more money on the Barchetta if I offer that in part-ex; however, that takes away the grief of trying to have to sell it.

I think I will lose less on the Golf, particularly as the dealer selling the car I'm interested in would probably retail it rather than ship it to auction; but the Golf will be much easier to sell privately if I part-ex the Barchetta.

Decisions, decisions.. :chin:

Your thoughts would be welcome..

Cheers,

Plug

I think the time of year factor is a big one to consider with the Barchetta. Which golf do you have? I've a Mk3 Golf GTI and although there is nothing wrong with it I have no love for the poor thing.

What is the other car you are looking at? How will it do Golf and Barchetta stuff all in one? I would keep saving and keep the Barchetta.

Which golf do you have? I've a Mk3 Golf GTI and although there is nothing wrong with it I have no love for the poor thing.

It's a MkIV V5 - and I think you've hit the nail on the head. There's nothing wrong with mine, I've had it for 2 years and it's not given me a minute's trouble - but it's just not a fun car in any respect.

What is the other car you are looking at? How will it do Golf and Barchetta stuff all in one? I would keep saving and keep the Barchetta.

The other car is a Subaru Impreza estate - a long time favourite of mine, the only car I've ever bought two of. In actual fact - make that three, as I went to view it today and bought it on the spot. The Golf is going in part ex.

So the Barchetta's got a stay of execution, for now. I have space in an industrial unit that I can use to store it in over the winter, and in the spring we'll see. The temptation to keep it for next summer may be too strong..

Cheers,

Plug

Barchetta is a great little car..so long as you don't need to move much more than a passenger and 2 shopping bags at the same time...

Me + Ex had a Passat + Barchetta which worked out fine. She got the B to look sexy in and I got the diesel donkey. Having used the B as a daily drive for a year its scored 4/10, mostly due to my paranoia about parking it and a load of minor dents and dings caused by ****s who can't park and used it as a backstop.

Very nearly sold it until I got use of a company Mondeo diesel which is the business for a long commute in all weathers. Now its had a heart transplant, polished and shiny and off for a full re-spray next month.

Don't sell!

It's a MkIV V5 - and I think you've hit the nail on the head. There's nothing wrong with mine, I've had it for 2 years and it's not given me a minute's trouble - but it's just not a fun car in any respect.

The other car is a Subaru Impreza estate - a long time favourite of mine, the only car I've ever bought two of. In actual fact - make that three, as I went to view it today and bought it on the spot. The Golf is going in part ex.

So the Barchetta's got a stay of execution, for now. I have space in an industrial unit that I can use to store it in over the winter, and in the spring we'll see. The temptation to keep it for next summer may be too strong..

Cheers,

Plug

Good choices Plug. (y)

Back