Tuning Different lower strut bar

Currently reading:
Tuning Different lower strut bar

Bugger again! Man with big press did the section for Ming's brace. My mate next door said it turned out great, but big press man forgot to leave it with him and went home. :bang: Such is life. This weekend, then, I'll finish off some more standoffs, make the extra stiffeners, and prepare myself for a week of frantic TIGing.

And give the MR2 -- which tried to kill me yesterday -- an oil change. Those things can bite hard, but at least the rear end goes first -- a Turbo Cinq will loose the front in the wet with less than decent tyres which is a bit more scary.

Ming's section has been pressed.

So, welded it to the standoffs and bolted it up:

The stand offs need trimming and there will be small triagular spreaders on the finished ones, but it gives you an idea of fit/clearance, etc. Level is approximately that of the rear gearbox mount, which means even lows have a chance of surviving.

I decided to do them mainly by MIG -- TIGing would just take too long and be no stronger (and, given my roughness after 4 years no TIG would be no neater!).

Please decide what colour you want if you want powder coating (primary colours only, please!) and Pay Pal me lots of money. First pay, first served. :)

Is there a fixed price as yet??? Need to put some reddies aside??

Cheers

lee

Lets give Ming a discount, so Ming £30, powder coated £40 (well worth it IMHO), £35 uncoated. That's posted (or Hermesed, or whatever) -- I'll probably regret that.

When they go on eBay they'll start at £40 and all be white!

My brain hurts!

list is:

Ming (test pilot) PAID

Blu73 PAID

Rizzstar

Razman

Cento186

Lecook

jatkinson (maybe)

Eklizpe3k

Jef

cartledge_uk

Alfa Patch PAID White

Lazybones51

Mrcinquecento

Duncan PAID Black

But more folk have paid than that -- 7 so far. Remember that I have no way of tying up "real" names or email addresses with forum names. And that it's a real hastle trying to go from the PM (or the PayPal confirmation) to the list to try and get the colour! :bang:

So, please put your colour on the list and PM me with your real name so I can match everything up. I hope.

My brain hurts!

list is:

Ming (test pilot) PAID

Blu73 PAID

Rizzstar

Razman

Cento186 PAID Red

Lecook

jatkinson (maybe)

Eklizpe3k

Jef

cartledge_uk

Alfa Patch PAID White

Lazybones51

Mrcinquecento

Duncan PAID Black

But more folk have paid than that -- 7 so far. Remember that I have no way of tying up "real" names or email addresses with forum names. And that it's a real hastle trying to go from the PM (or the PayPal confirmation) to the list to try and get the colour! :bang:

So, please put your colour on the list and PM me with your real name so I can match everything up. I hope.

My brain hurts!

list is:

Ming (test pilot) PAID

Blu73 PAID

Rizzstar

Razman

Cento186 PAID Red

Lecook

jatkinson (maybe)

Eklizpe3k

Jef PAID red

cartledge_uk

Alfa Patch PAID White

Lazybones51

Mrcinquecento

Duncan PAID Black

Back