Styling Debadging

Currently reading:
Styling Debadging

Debadged mine a few weeks ago and they came off easy with the dental floss and hot water. Still need to get the remains of the adhesive off with some tar remover and do a little T-Cut, but need to do that to the whole car anyway :)

Now then, just need to debadge the front...

Last edited:
debadge it like mine (y)

Yeah, still debating which grille to get, though yours does look rather smart. Probably get that done in the next few weeks at the same time as getting an induction kit of some sort.

Only problem with debadging the back...a dent around the rear plate area was made to look even more prominent after ward. That said, there's many a dent and scratch on my Stilo, which I guess comes with having to park in a shopping complex car park for my work. Oh well, just another thing on the "To-do" list.

Last edited:
Yeah, still debating which grille to get, though yours does look rather smart. Probably get that done in the next few weeks at the same time as getting an induction kit of some sort.

Only problem with debadging the back...a dent around the rear plate area was made to look even more prominent after ward. That said, there's many a dent and scratch on my Stilo, which I guess comes with having to park in a shopping complex car park for my work. Oh well, just another thing on the "To-do" list.

GSR induction kit is a good one. (y)

GSR induction kit is a good one. (y)

Yeah, does look decent quality, though maybe a bit pricey compared to some of the others I've looked at. Had considered the default K&N, but saw this one on Demon Tweeks...

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/products/ProductDetail.asp?cls=ROAD&pcode=P/CPK162&app=Y

...which I thought was pretty reasonable for under £80.

Anyway, here's my debadged rear...

stiloback1.JPG

Last edited:
Well, once I find a cheaper place to live, the induction kit's one of the first things I'll do. Wouldn't mind getting a back box at the same time. Unfortunately for now though, it's the cheaper stuff I'll be getting done. Shall be getting rid of the Reg Vardy plates, painting calipers and such. Still though, it's all about the details :)

Last edited:
its all about the detail indeed my friend. have you seen my engine bay? and my alloys? and tyres?? thats detail for you. i painted my callipers aswell :)

im after a new backbox for mine. just not sure which one. then il be after a remap. i want 125bhp by end of summer ;)

Not sure what to do about the badging on my abarth, is the rear centre badge sunk into the boot or just stuck on?

Mines a 51 plate and doesn't have the round badge but would quite like it, also what does everyone think about the abarth badges on the side skirts, not sure myself.

Not sure what to do about the badging on my abarth, is the rear centre badge sunk into the boot or just stuck on?

Mines a 51 plate and doesn't have the round badge but would quite like it, also what does everyone think about the abarth badges on the side skirts, not sure myself.

ive got abarth badges on my side skirts, but they are shrunk in and would look strange removed :)

i love my debadged rear now, especially as i get people coming upto me in car parks asking what car it is ;)

I was thinking new red round fiat badges front and back, red abarth scorpion centre caps and maybe the new stile abarth logo on the back, but i'm not sure if it will look messy, has anybody got pictures of the new red fiat badges on a stilo?

Thanks.:)

I know i might sound stupid haha! but i finally got round to doing this now, but dad said hes not sure on whether its legal or somit, he said if it looks like your hiding its a diesel? he wants me to make sure first,

so basically my question is there a legal side to it, as i was hoping to spend the day doing it, so if anyone could let me know. Cheers.

Benvo

I know i might sound stupid haha! but i finally got round to doing this now, but dad said hes not sure on whether its legal or somit, he said if it looks like your hiding its a diesel? he wants me to make sure first,

so basically my question is there a legal side to it, as i was hoping to spend the day doing it, so if anyone could let me know. Cheers.

Benvo

no legal issues mate. none at all.
if your buying a car from factory ie brand new. you can request they don't badge it for you.
So go ahead mate.. have fun.. loooks much better (y)

Ok thanks for the reply, i think my dad just wanted me to make sure, as he dont want me paying out anymore money, had two new tyres £164 this morning, and gotta pay £100 to have my arch sprayed where someone him me in a car park and drove off lol.

Benvo

Ok thanks for the reply, i think my dad just wanted me to make sure, as he dont want me paying out anymore money, had two new tyres £164 this morning, and gotta pay £100 to have my arch sprayed where someone him me in a car park and drove off lol.

Benvo

oohh that sux!
i paid that for tyres a couple of months ago!
but then last month, i bought a brand new alloy with brandnew tyre..£20 off ebay! that will do me :D
my mum reversed in to me 2months ago. £400 worth of dmage, so i had all my bump strips sprayed up at the same time (y)

ouch, ive had a go ive got the badge off the side,thought id start there cos not too noticable if ote wrong, and im left with this at the moment lol.

Benvo

Attachments

• SP_A0444.jpg
    SP_A0444.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 48
Back