General Dans 1368 cinq

Currently reading:
General Dans 1368 cinq

Hadnt thought about that tbh, so cheers. Will see how it is. Simple enough to unbolt and put a layer of film on though.

On the upside, got a decent amount of mapping done yesterday. The guy that helped was quite impressed with how well it was mapped already, so will get it straight on the rolling road hopefully on friday. Will try and get a bit more auto tuning done before then. :D

how about some yellow tint on the sun roof :) it looks great

probably would not help with the glare much though...

Relay cover looks smart as is!

Looking good, looking damn good!
Quick thought on the relay box, poss moisture trap?
Have u given PCB a conformal coating?

Have removed the cover at the mo as not too sure on it. Shouldnt be much worse than it was for moisture as still has breathing space around relays and the 3 sides that wires enter it. Relay and MS PCB have both been sprayed.

how about some yellow tint on the sun roof :) it looks great

probably would not help with the glare much though...

Relay cover looks smart as is!

Cheers Jeremy, not too keen on coloured tints tbh, will see how i get on with none for now, not like i need to drive it, so should be ok for now until i get it to some track days. Got the rolling road booked for friday morning this week now if your about :D

Well rolling road was good, but slightly disappointing. Mapping still needs work to get a fair bit more out of it.

Camera doesnt really pick it up, but my god its loud outside the car. :eek:

Here is the video:

[ame="http://s866.photobucket.com/albums/ab226/Daniel_Hollingworth/?action=view&current=V041111_1012.mp4"]V041111_1012.mp4 video by Daniel_Hollingworth - Photobucket@@AMEPARAM@@http://vid866.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid866.photobucket.com/albums/ab226/Daniel_Hollingworth/V041111_1012.mp4@@AMEPARAM@@vid866@@AMEPARAM@@866@@AMEPARAM@@ab226/Daniel_Hollingworth/V041111_1012@@AMEPARAM@@mp4[/ame]

Here is the run. Easier to keep numberplate the same to compare runs.

scan0008.jpg

And a comparison with the last run.

scan0009.jpg

Its still increased the power at the wheels by 9.7BHP and Torque by 12.7Lb/Ft, which isnt too bad considering the homemade ECU and lack of mapping skills. Plenty more to be found by playing with numbers though. Also need to lower the acceleration enrichment as it seems to dump too much fuel in as soon as you put your foot down.

They are also able to do corner weights, so can see a weighing session coming. :D

Plenty more to be found by playing with numbers though. Also need to lower the acceleration enrichment as it seems to dump too much fuel in as soon as you put your foot down.

Well mate, I was about to say, I don't like the AFR curve on this plot. It's not only the dip when you floor it, after that it goes too high (15-ish) and then drops too low again at high RPM (for an N/A engine that is ;)). I am sure you can can few more horses by sorting this out (y) Also after the release at the end of the pull there should be a clear fuel cut-off on the plot, that is AFR maxed out. Unless I am wrong in thinking how the rollers work (I dyno my car on a different device...).

Out of curiosity, where was the lambda mounted - tail pipe or down-pipe?

Yeah mapping certainly still needs work. The fueling has the option to cut, but have turned the over run off.

The LC1 wideband lambda is halfway down the manifold. They installed a second for the dyno run and 3rd up the exhaust tip. The MS display is the same, so good to know the LC1 isnt dead yet.

Hey all. No updates for a long time now, but ive been trying to focus on getting some use out of it rather than just keep spending on it. It has had a few little races and can happily say it keeps up with civic type R's with ease. :D On the downside i think this little car is going to be taken apart in the near future.

Problem i have is that when i used to have my cinq out in our private carpark it would get vandalised (people jumping up and down on the roof) so it then went behind the building where it was safe and sound under its little cover. Protected from salt air , rain and little chavs. Unfortunately i will not be able to keep my car there for much longer so would mean it goes back into car park to get destroyed.

I enjoy every minute driving this thing and im sure ill regret taking it apart, but i do also fancy a change.

I would love to sell this as a whole car, but its worth twice as much in parts unfortunately, like most builds.

If anyone fancies coming down for a drive around before i do please let me know. :)

Being realistic it would be an insult to advertise it at the price i think i can get in parts. I'm also quite sad in the fact i dont want somebody else driving my car. :p

It is a bit of a shame, but ive got the urge to buy another before and im sure it will happen again, obviously have to go 1 step further next time though. :rolleyes:

Thanks Aaron, yeah, you are probably the cause of my cento madness. :p As much as i love inbetweeners, it has brought way too much attention to yellow cinqs and it just draws in little chavs like a magpie to something shiny.

Nearest garage would be quite a way away and would end up using it even less than i do now. Saving up for a house still so once we buy, the possibilities are endless. :yum:

Back