Technical Damaged 595 not starting

Currently reading:
Technical Damaged 595 not starting

I have been asked to look at a problem with 17-plate 595.
It was damaged, and then vandalised. Sadly, some parts are missing (lights, intercooler, radiator, seats and some other random things.
Anyway, the plan is to find out if the engine is still good, as a transplant into another 500.
After a bit of work making things safe, we have dashboard lights, and (other than the Airbag ECU) no errors on modules except ones which are expected (bulb warnings for missing lights etc.)
The fuel cutoff has been reset, and the message no longer appears on the dash.
However, no activity from the starter when turning key.
Starter confirmed to work with direct connection.
(This is the point where I was roped in)
I have scanned it with MultiECUScan and I can't see anything obvious to cause a problem except the "Engine Startup" parameter showing "Not Available"
Both circuits for Clutch pedal operation registers in ECU.
Does anyone know what other conditions the ECU expects to be set for this to change to Available?
I normally deal with 169 Pandas, which have a lot less electrics...

Last edited:
So..its clearing immobiliser and priming fuel?
It is...
I haven't had the time to re-check everything done so far, but everything i have checked so far looks OK.
Of course it would be a lot easier if it hadn't been vandalised and partly stripped, but it has that strange feeling of something really simple being the problem, and I'm just not seeing it.
(Or it could be something important has been smashed or removed but isn't causing fault codes...)

@varesecrazy
Just an idea of what I'm working with...
They even levered out the hazard switch.
I think next step may have to be a wiring diagram, but I'm struggling to find one which is even close.
It's a 595 Competizione 180, but it seems to have various factory-fit bits which are a mystery to me (and the wiring diagrams I've found so far).

Attachments

• 20230820_104005.jpg
    20230820_104005.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 33
So..

Direct power to the starter.. see if it generates spark

Then see if it'll run

Im assuming you can stall it in gear if absolutely necessary..
Yep, that looks like it might have to be the next big step.
However, front calipers removed, handbrake may work, but has been vandalised.
Still going through the cut & disconnected wiring before I'm willing to leave a battery connected long enough to do much investigation.
Useful detail on the 595 seems to be pretty scarce - lots of "shouties", but very few who actually know what they are talking about.

Would still like to know what the ECU wants to see to enable engine start other than clutch pressed. It would be a pain to spend ages tracking down broken connectors if its something stupid (like needing the handbrake on).

Well, back to the wiring...

Back