CYLINDER HEADS / Barchetta - Punto HGT

Currently reading:
CYLINDER HEADS / Barchetta - Punto HGT

Hiya all,

Questions that need answering.

Is the cylinder head of the Mk1 the same as the MK2 barchetta?
I know they have a different fuel set up but are the heads the same.

Is the Punto HGT head the same and would it fit any MK1 or MK2 B.

Is anyone of them better than the other or are they all identical.

I,m looking to have a head modified, tuned for a Mk1 Barchetta and was wondering what if any I should use.

HELP PLEASE!!!

I'm sure I read somewhere that a Punto HGT engine can be transplanted in quite easily and they are very tuneable.

But in answer to your question, the Mk1 HGT head is your best option.

Edit.
I'll try and find where I read it then link to it.

Last edited:
Hiya, thanks, But why would you say the mk1 HGT is better are the cylinder heads not indentical..

This is what I would like to know, I know the ECU and fueling system was changed from MK1 to MK2 but are the cylinder heads the same or different.

As far as I know the Punto HGT shares the same identical engine set up as a MK2 Barchetta, but just wanted clarification.

Thanks, :)

Hiya, thanks, But why would you say the mk1 HGT is better are the cylinder heads not indentical..

If they are identical why is there a Mk1 and Mk2 version, must be some differences.

I'm no expert, its just what I read about tuning and racing the Barchetta(lovely looking car by the way).

Here's a couple I read, mentions the Mk1 HGT head is the best option and more technical head work.

http://www.sportingfiatsclub.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2777

http://www.sportingfiatsclub.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3981&SearchTerms=Barchetta

I can't find the one I read explaining a bit more but I'll keep looking and if I find it I'll post a link to it here.

Last edited:
ePer list 2 heads for the B and the same 2 heads for the Punto.

Are these the part numbers you found?

Looks to me like the 71730271 replaced the 71738140 in 2004.

So could
71738140 = Mk1
71730271 = Mk2

It would seem
Mk1 standard cam setup(good for tuning).
Mk2 has cam variator(not ideal for tuning purposes).

Attachments

• Mk1.jpg
    Mk1.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 27
  • Mk2.jpg
    Mk2.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
Back