Technical cvt problem

Currently reading:
Technical cvt problem

vasilismiz

Hello friends,
I have a serious problem with the cvt transmission .My car is a FIAT pundo mk2 16V model 2002 and the problem is that my car moves just in reverse and not forward.
Have anyone some idea why this happens?

Hello friends,
I have a serious problem with the cvt transmission .My car is a FIAT pundo mk2 16V model 2002 and the problem is that my car moves just in reverse and not forward.

Do you have the speedgear gearbox?
How many kilometres has car travelled?

Hello friends,
It has been 10 years since these cars were popular in the UK

member @dave made lots of informative posts about these gearboxes :)

My CVT experience was from 1988.. so not too relevant
Example :

Last edited:
Helloooo
I have a automatic speedgear gerabox (cvt) and the car has travelled 200.000 km and doesn't respond in D(driving) and L(low)

I am not sure about this specific issue, but most of the CVT errors on Punto MK2 come from the fact that people do not change the oil. Oil should be changed with Tutela CVT NG every 40K km (so every second engine oil change give or take). Either people put wrong oil or never change it at all. I made a guide with specification in guide section. I have had two speedgear mk2 and old one reached 320.000km before being rear ended while parked by drunk driver and current one is at 160.000km. Change you oil people! :)

Good luck with troubleshooting this, people here are quite knowledgeable usually

Back