Technical Cut out won't start

Currently reading:
Technical Cut out won't start

Nstar40

Hi after some advice on my fiat ducato 2008.it cut out on the motorway had it recovered now it won't start. When I had it plugged in 2 codes came up p0089 and p0091.when I removed the feed to the fuel filter and turned it over no fuel was going to the filter. When I removed the cover for the fuel pump in the tank and turned the ingnition on u can here the pump priming. Any ideas please thanks

Hi Nstar40. As you already know, those error codes indicate a problem with fuel pressure. I suspect that if the pressures are too far outside acceptable limits, the engine will be prevented from running/starting in order to protect it.

It's possible that you have a blockage either before the in-tank (low pressure) pump, or(less likely) in the pipework from this pump to the filter. The pump will have a plastic gauze filter, so it might be worth pulling the pump assembly out of the tank to check it. The pipework may respond to carefully blowing through with an air line once its been removed from both the main fuel filter and the tank ends.

The attached document covers the basics.

Attachments

• Common Rail Diesel Systems.pdf
    3.5 MB · Views: 46
Hi Nstar40. As you already know, those error codes indicate a problem with fuel pressure. I suspect that if the pressures are too far outside acceptable limits, the engine will be prevented from running/starting in order to protect it.

It's possible that you have a blockage either before the in-tank (low pressure) pump, or(less likely) in the pipework from this pump to the filter. The pump will have a plastic gauze filter, so it might be worth pulling the pump assembly out of the tank to check it. The pipework may respond to carefully blowing through with an air line once its been removed from both the main fuel filter and the tank ends.

The attached document covers the basics.
Hi thanks so much for the help.when I changed the fuel filter it hadn't been changed since 2008 replaced with a new filter.will remove the pump and c what happens.thanks again

Back