General Crunch! What I got for Christmas.. Bugger.

Currently reading:
General Crunch! What I got for Christmas.. Bugger.

mr500

Driving along last night and must admit screen dirty with road dirt. (Only fixed squirters yesterday as pipe had fallen off pump). Turned right and hit a kerb on unseen road island at 20mph. Bit of a bang.

Tyres bust on sidewall. Rim a tiny bit bent so I must have just clipped the corner of the road island. Fitted space saver and car appears to still track straight. Nowt looks bent. How strong is the front sus on a cinq sporting? Seems pretty good to me!

I had a nearly out NCT on N/S and Pirelli with plenty of meat on O/S which got clumped (typical! got it like that. not really into mixing tyres on front axle!..) Nankangs are shat I read.
Happy farkin xmas. Not!!

P.S. Fitted McKrich chip Friday. Along with Janny manny/decat-full system.GSR and Tricker it go's really well. Only way to go.Do it. The chip gives car the edge. Although does run a bit odd cold.

EDIT: parts wanted in the classifieds please

Last edited by a moderator:
Driving along last night and must admit screen dirty with road dirt. (Only fixed squirters yesterday as pipe had fallen off pump). Turned right and hit a kerb on unseen road island at 20mph. Bit of a bang.

Tyres bust on sidewall. Rim a tiny bit bent so I must have just clipped the corner of the road island. Fitted space saver and car appears to still track straight. Nowt looks bent. How strong is the front sus on a cinq sporting? Seems pretty good to me!

I had a nearly out NCT on N/S and Pirelli with plenty of meat on O/S which got clumped (typical! got it like that. not really into mixing tyres on front axle!..) Nankangs are shat I read.
Happy farkin xmas. Not!!

P.S. Fitted McKrich chip Friday. Along with Janny manny/decat-full system.GSR and Tricker it go's really well. Only way to go.Do it. The chip gives car the edge. Although does run a bit odd cold.

EDIT: parts wanted in the classifieds please

i tried to dodge a speed hump before, its a weird road layout so going to left of it the speed hump in a narrow car means you can avoid it.. needless to say i hit the clipped the curb, probably at about 25mph :bang:

but nothing happened, still runs fine, everything is dandy. i'd say suspension is built to last !

i smashed mine into a kerb, quit fast at a funny angle. destroyed the wheel - car went into to garage to be checked and it was fine - tracking wasnt even out :eek:

however, i'm sure i damaged the steering rack a bit. but ive not removed it yet to check.

I hit a curb doing a U turn too fast with mine, took a chuck out of the alloy, but still stayed up so no wheel change, however it's now scrubbed the outer edge off the tyre... guess i shagged the Tracking! Ooopsy!!

Seems we've all made a minor faux pas with regard to kerbs.

I suspect the trackings a bit out. I'll have it reset when I get a new rim. Could have smashed the whole car up royaly on one of those inverted foot high boostad kerbstones. i.e. bent the TCA/smashed sump and destroyed bumperr.

It's still on the road. Praise be the lord.(y) :)

Back