General Cross 0.9 TwinAir 90hp

Currently reading:
General Cross 0.9 TwinAir 90hp

So Bundes are you number 3 on the list? Enjoy! I guess Squadrone Rosso is going to be
number 4.
Mine is still code 10 :(

There was a guy from Switzerland, with a Black Cross, who came on this forum before even Buzz arrived. I asked him if he has a twinair or a diesel, Also said it would cool if he got photos on the Twinair Cross Owners List and Photos in position2, or even start a brand new thread for the Diesel Cross & get his motor in position1 but sadly he hasnt been in touch as yet.

Rosso:
Are we sure your dealer has actually checked ur status? I really thought u'd be built on 7Dec & here before 2015. Shocked ur not built by now, maybe the robots dropped urs;-)

Bogwoppit:
Wished it was a Christmas pressie from someone, then I wouldnt have a deposit to pay, 33 monthly payments and a big final payment.
Anyone offering?

Last edited:
Looking Sharp?
IMG_3416-1.jpg
Aye, nae bad.

Ordered mine on the 11 October here in SW France. Received it 06 December. Dealer said that they had only received mine and one other at the moment. So far, so good. Almost impossible to achieve anything like the quoted fuel economy, even using ECO mode, which makes the car totally gutless, but is fine for town driving. Had to be in yellow for me as I had a yellow Cinquecento Sporting before this. Should get a chance to test the snow performance soon as I am planning a trip up the mountains here to have lunch and look at the snow. At least we have some here for the ski season, I gather the Alps are a bit sparse. We don't do the mileage to merit the diesel version. Will report back on performance on snow soon.

Ordered mine on the 11 October here in SW France. Received it 06 December. Dealer said that they had only received mine and one other at the moment. So far, so good. Almost impossible to achieve anything like the quoted fuel economy, even using ECO mode, which makes the car totally gutless, but is fine for town driving. Had to be in yellow for me as I had a yellow Cinquecento Sporting before this. Should get a chance to test the snow performance soon as I am planning a trip up the mountains here to have lunch and look at the snow. At least we have some here for the ski season, I gather the Alps are a bit sparse. We don't do the mileage to merit the diesel version. Will report back on performance on snow soon.

Hi there.
That was an early order. I knew the Italian market got to order from 17Sept. I was very eager to order on 1st Oct(phoned dealer) but due to a 17 day delay in the PPS documentation being released, I had to wait. Then a further 9 days due to my own stupidity.
Bogwoppit ordered Po on 17th Oct and got offered to pick his up 36days later, on 22Nov, must be a fiat record!
Maybe the Yellow paint slowed ur Cross down coz it kept getting licked by cows. I hear the French Cows like a big tastey buttercup.
Anyhoo, I think people on here would like to see some cool pictures of ur car, so get them on asap, especially the thread TWINAIR PANDA CROSS OWNERS LIST & PHOTOS.

Ü

Last edited:
One more sleep. :D

I can't sleep, counting Crosses!
620x300_macchinine_2.jpg
620x300_macchinine_2.jpg
620x300_macchinine_2.jpg

I did my last public bus trip for a while, today. I think Nature wanted to make me appreciate the new car even more than I would have. It was lashing sidey ways. Ears & hands numb with the wind while only one side of me got soaked through. Then SI, my friend & fiat dealer, tells me how good the heated screen is and how roastin' the heated seats get.
As today was my last day at work til 5 January, it has actually made me look forward (well only kind of) to getting up on ❄frosty❄mornings next year. I'll be toasting my Årsë off while I think to myself...I remember the old days of plastic scrapers, de-icer & nippy hands...and I don't miss them!
Anyhoo... Its nearly mornin', best get a wee sleep!!

Dreamin' about ?

My Woman says
"in your dreams you'll be doing that"
0 (4).jpg

Weird dreams about what a Yeti Cross would look like...
bigfoot panda.jpg

??❄?❄??

Last edited:
Ordered mine on the 11 October here in SW France. Received it 06 December. Dealer said that they had only received mine and one other at the moment. So far, so good. Almost impossible to achieve anything like the quoted fuel economy, even using ECO mode, which makes the car totally gutless, but is fine for town driving.
Had to be in yellow for me as I had a yellow Cinquecento Sporting before this.

hi, nothing quite like a "Broom Yellow Cinq Sporting":D

assuming your panda is a Twinair, :cool:
you'll only get @25% of optimal MPG initially, :eek:

as a guide;
my 2013 Punto TA showed 7 on delivery , and then 17\25 for weeks,
now has a lifetime average of 49..,(all Miles per Gallon)
so you can see how they free off, could take 10,000 km though:eek:

air temps also seem to make a BIG difference..,

Charlie

Last edited:
Currently averaging 35mpg in my Cross (860 miles so far) and absolutely fine with that. I haven't read a single report that states the TwinAir gives its best till at least 5,000 miles - and quite often more than that.

Of course at the moment motion lotion is refreshingly cheap so I don't mind it's comparative thirst.

Currently averaging 35mpg in my Cross (860 miles so far) and absolutely fine with that. I haven't read a single report that states the TwinAir gives its best till at least 5,000 miles - and quite often more than that.

Of course at the moment motion lotion is refreshingly cheap so I don't mind it's comparative thirst.

Agree with all of the above. (y)

We're on 35 average with 160 miles so far and that's fine.

There may be an element of ecu education too, I hear they learn your driving style and map accordingly. The sooner Panda Mo becomes the main driver the better if that's the case, I'll only teach it bad habits.

Yes - difference between mid-20s C and close to zero seems to be at least 3 mpg.

back in the uk summer, :rolleyes:
when it's 8 degrees going to work and 26 coming home,
MPG will be in the low 50's going - and mid 60's coming home:worship:

MOST of you should've done some miles and had an oil change by then..,:p

EDIT - as there are a few of you in the 1st weeks of use now;

the early TA,s had a reputation for burning oil, I was wary of this , it's expensive..!!:eek:

so I used the race-engine technique for piston ring to bore "beak-in"..,

get everything up to full operating temp. then change down a "gear to low" for a tightening bend you know well , and can see through,

the rev counter will flick around seductively, and the "overrun" will help seat the rings nicely,

I occasionally still do it at T junctions, great Roar in the Punto..:devil:

( my oil level hasn't moved in 15K miles now),
3 x oil (and filter) changes

Charlie

Last edited:
Got mine here in S W France on the 06 December after ordering on the 11 October.
Changed dashboard language and Blue&Me language to English, the latter requires a reload via a USB stick.
Only gripe is that the Blue&Me does not play media directly from my Smartphone (MotoG), it only plays via USB or AUX socket. Don't know if this is by design or a limitation of the Blue&Me system in this car.
Had to be yellow for us as it is replacing a Yellow Cinquecento Sporting!
First impressions favourable. Though ECO mode makes the car gutless, it is fine for town use.
We live in the foothills of the Pyrenees so there is plenty of up and down hills! In "normal" mode the car pulls really well.
Fuel consumption pretty poor, in the first 400Km it has achieved 8.5 litres/100Km, though I have been told that this improves as the car is run in.
Ordered it with most extras, (split rear seat backs, folding passenger seat back, anti collision radar, rear parking sensors, tinted glass on rear windows, TOM TOM mounting point, heated windscreen, comfort pack, smokers add on (gives power socket for charging stuff).
Prices seem to be different in every country, as far as I can tell it is cheapest in Spain! I got a discount from the dealer here in France that more than paid for the extras.
I will be testing it on snow early next year and will report back then.

Attachments

• Panda Cross.jpg
    Panda Cross.jpg
    795.6 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
Hi Bundes,
presently driving a Doblo but thinking of downsizing owing to family moving into their own places. Was intending to view the new Panda, now not sure.

Did think about a Panda 4x4 owing to the fact my drive is 1 in 4 and I live in Ventnor on the Isle of Wight which is extremely hilly (yes extremely!).

Anyway along comes the cross...OH Yes...I want one!

Can you please send me a copy of the group affinity price list you mentioned. I have one headed July-Sept but no mention of a cross or 4x4 is listed. Fiat UK do offer this on their promotion website page but saving is way below affinity price. It might change in January of course.

Funnily enough the Fiat UK site features some promotions which are cheaper than the affinity prices. We have had three Pandas in the past and all of them were bought on the Fiat UK site price list and were all bargains at the time of purchase.

Did you have to join any organisation to qualify for the discount?

Just been viewing various videos of the Cross on youtube, blimey it's a belter!

Bill ([email protected])

Last edited:
Hi Bundes,

just got a message saying you had sent me a private message but I can"t find it?

Can you re-send please to my e-mail address...Ta

Bill

Hi Bundes,

just got a message saying you had sent me a private message but I can"t find it?

Can you re-send please to my e-mail address...Ta

Bill

Sadly I don't do email, I'm a dinosaur.
Do a google search
PRIVILEGE PURCHASE SCHEME Q4 OCTOBER 2014 pdf
This will find what u want.
I think you must get urself entitled to the PPS (join FMC or legoland or AVilla or join the police force or become a nurse or get your bike out the shed etc) and be ready to order your cross the first week in Jan when the new fiat PPS deposit contribution is released. That will be Q1 2015. I reckon its going up or staying at £3250. I think its euro/pound related.
Please learn how to use Private Messages within this forum so I can help you. My main advice is to do your research, read every thread relating to PPS within this forum. Its hard work to get the perfect deal but it is possible. Know how to use the fiat configure on the fiat web site, so you know ur deal before u walk into a dealer and know ur entitled and ready to order that day.

Last edited:
Thanks for that. Just downloaded the Q4 price list and intend to work out some figures and start the ball rolling. Not yet decided on the model to go for however the information on this forum from yourself and others is so very useful, so well done you all.

Need to test drive a TA engine as I have only ever had the 1.2 8v fire engine in my previous three Pandas and the 1.9 multi diesel in my Doblo (a brilliant engine incidentally).

Thanks again for the info

Bill

Thanks for that. Just downloaded the Q4 price list and intend to work out some figures and start the ball rolling. Not yet decided on the model to go for however the information on this forum from yourself and others is so very useful, so well done you all.

Need to test drive a TA engine as I have only ever had the 1.2 8v fire engine in my previous three Pandas and the 1.9 multi diesel in my Doblo (a brilliant engine incidentally).

Thanks again for the info

Bill

Ball rolling; Step One, get urself entitled to PPS. From there u will find out everything you need to know.
I helped get a pal a £5 interest deal this month. So try to maximise your deal if u can, get as close as u can to getting the full £3250 off the price of the car.

Try to test drive a TwinAir Cross, the dealers have plenty of yellow demos out there. Your gonna love the TA, its like a quad bike when accelerating. It is virtually silent when not working hard, so at 70 in 6th on the flat it feels refined and then you hit a hill and it reminds you that its still working away in front of you.
Any help you need I'm sure the guys on here will help twist ur arm to get a few extra extras!
What colour are you thinking about going for? Don't think anyone in the UK has went for the black yet, its amazing in the shiney black. I think there might be a white one on order but I can't confirm this. If u go for the coffee one then you'll defo have a one off fiat panda cross but
If you go for the go faster green, beware that bogwoppit will try to nick a few bits from it if he ever sees it.

Let's have a wee fiat forum vote, what would be your choice of the available colours if you were to buy & live with a new Cross?

Bundes[/QUOTE]

I think the green is classy but I have a red on order for delivery in January.

If they had a nice French or Navy blue I would have ordered that though!

Back