General Croma rear wiper motor

Currently reading:
General Croma rear wiper motor

bobbyblue

Just thought I would share this with you. I have (At last) just replaced the rear wiper motor on my '06 Croma 1.9 Dynamic Fiat part no. 51751856 with a brand new part from Seekpart24.com in Germany, their part number 064013015010, the total cost including shipping, currency conversion etc worked out to £71. My local Fiat dealer quoted me £106 + VAT so it's a no brainer. I thought about converting a second hand Punto one but for this price didn't bother.:D

Last edited:
That's good. Is it of the same design though - i.e. like a sieve? Does it also include the rubber lump that mates with the bodywork - the one on mine's got quite rigid now.

Actually I can't see how you ever could completely seal a rotating shaft that sticks out of the back of a car. Perhaps it's normally done by providing a drain that diverts the water away from the motor/gearbox. But you'd then need an outlet pipe.

I will let you know if it is the same as the OE part when it arrives, (they state it is Magnetti Marelli) I expect with new year break I will not see it until the end of next week. I intend to make a water shedder to fit over the shaft and divert water away from the shaft where it goes through the housing, I will pack the shaft to housing area with grease as well hoping it keeps any water out of the shaft area. My existing one is beyond repair but I may only keep the car for another year so the new one should last hopefully.

Well Doofer I recieved my wiper motor today, it took a bit longer than I expected but is understandable given the new year holiday.
I am glad to say it is original equipment (Magnetti Marelli) and comes with the three mounting screws. You don't get the big rubber block which must be a separate part from the main dealer. I think £71 inclusive of delivery from Germany is good value and when you think the supplier is making a profit at this price, how much are the Fiat dealers creaming off at £106 + 20%VAT? :mad:

Last edited:
Well those shiny suits don't cost nothing you know.

Wholesale must be about 30% of what they charge at a guess. I wonder if they'd actually make more money if they charged less - half the discussion on here seems to be about how to buy from anywhere other than a Fiat dealer. If they were only a fiver more then you probably wouldn't bother shopping around.

The one that really annoyed me was when I was getting an accessory belt tensioner. It was loads cheaper from a Vauxhall main dealer. They have the same glitzy showroom and staff costs etc but can still make a decent profit charging much less than the Fiat dealer. That is a part for a Fiat-designed engine that happens to also be fitted in a Vauxhall.

Last edited:
The prices the Fiat main dealer around here charges are amazing.

My most recent one was the mod gasket for the EGR. A snip at £20 each I'm sure you'll agree ;) Mind you I did have to buy a minimum of 10. The regular gaskets were extra. Thank goodness for the recommendations on here to get it on ebay instead. £3 or thereabouts.

Last year, thanks to the Forum, I went to Vauxhall for ATF because it was £8.50 a litre instead of £13+ from a Fiat stealer, only to get it knocked down to £7.50 without even asking! That's what I call service.

In their defence, my local Alfa/Fiat dealership has just handed back their franchise, because of the ludicrous charges that they have to pay, just for the privilege of having the blue badge over the door.

I bought a pair of replacement front wipers from eurocarparts between Christmas and New Year and got them for a total of £8.82 delivered. They're not the Bosch ones but work brilliantly anyway, much better than whatever make had been fitted the last time they were changed.

I fitted my new wiper motor today, it is exactly the same as the one originally fitted to the car so it is as I expected an OEM part but at nearly half the main dealer price.

Last edited:
Back