Technical Creaking window

Currently reading:
Technical Creaking window

T14086 said:
Nah its bit more complicated than that.........I would put 2 hours on it & thats taking extra care not to scratch/mark/break anything as loads breakable bits on stilo trims.Rather have customer waiting bit longer than complain about things,4 hours bit much though.....prob trying to find suitable rivets as Arnies garages dont stock 'consumables' like these,everything must have a order number etc... :rolleyes:

Have you had any 1.2s with a lumpy gear change into third?

LED is part of small circuit board which gets ripped off if its not disconnected before door trim is removed.There is also a fitting underneath it that has to be clipped back in correctly,like I said when doing this it is better to take your time.Also when the metal panel is removed it puts strain on the speaker(tweeter)in the small bit of trim at top of the door....you checked your speaker still works ;)

T14086 said:
LED is part of small circuit board which gets ripped off if its not disconnected before door trim is removed.There is also a fitting underneath it that has to be clipped back in correctly,like I said when doing this it is better to take your time.Also when the metal panel is removed it puts strain on the speaker(tweeter)in the small bit of trim at top of the door....you checked your speaker still works ;)

See my other posts!

Big Black Stilo said:
Have you had any 1.2s with a lumpy gear change into third?

See a few stilo gearboxes getting done recently (sorry but not my department if I can help it!) but every gear change I do in a stilo is lumpy cause i get my big feet stuck on that annoying bit of plastic trim above the pedals....which is why i stall them all the time :eek:

"See my other posts!"

Mentioned it because I saw it done today...that and all the other 'cardinal sins' when removing/fitting a stilo door trim to the cries of "anyone got any super glue".

I mentioned lumpy gear changes to 3rd when it went in for the creaky clutch. They road tested it and said it felt fine. Probably a bit of newness needing ground out of it LOL

Guys i seem to have the same problem occuring slowly. when i stop the window halfway it does a sort of very light vibrating noise and if i put a bit of presure the window goes doesn a cm or two. only happens when i lower the window and want to stop it halfway. Now did changing the mechanism helped solve the problem or the motor?

I cant say the replacement of the mechanism fixed it for more than couple of weeks. However, i cant verify that it was fitted correctly, as it was the Alison St Arnold Clark Cowboys that did it on both occassions and not the good folks down at Ayr Fiat who sorted out my electrical probs and blown head gasket (the day after i got it back someone plowed into the back of my on the on ramp of the M8) traded it in when i got it back from the accident repair and got my self a Honda Accord VTEC Sport :) never looked back :)

Last edited:
Chris...it's been along time, how are you? :)

All good man, we just had a little boy 2months ago so you can probably guess that we just spent 9 months renovating our house. So the stilo would have had to go one way or other. The accord is only just big enough.

Back