Technical Correct Wiper Blade

Currently reading:
Technical Correct Wiper Blade

Hi everyone, last year I bought a 2014 Anniversario 595 On a couple of occasions I have noticed the drivers side wiper blade has caught up on the passenger side blade, also each time the blades return to their resting position & start wiping again there is a clunk sound, it sounds as if the rubber on the blade is not flexing enough. My question is can anyone recomend the best blades to buy? I have read Bosch Aerotwin are good but I cannot find the correct part number. I am not sure if the blades I have are the incorrect length.

Almost certainly exactly the same as the 500

If you wipers are slipping it usually tens to be the arm being bent out of shape a little so it's not at 90 degrees to the angle of the windscreen
Thanks Chris, just ordered a new pair Bosch A300S from Amazon prime (£19.99) Just looked at the passenger blade & the centre of the rubber is splitting away from the main part of the blade (very obviously shot) hopefully the new ones will be nice & quiet.

On a totally different subject its interesting how few people respond to the Abarth Forum compared to the Classic 500 Forum, I sold my 1972 500 last year & used the forum so much, I used to find I would receive lots of help & advice, where as you are the only person to reply on the Abarth Forum, maybe the classic owners are more enthusiastic or more likely the classic 500 is so much more unreliable due to their age. I was always holding my breath hoping it would get me home! Thanks again Barry

If the wipers are incorreclty fitted they will clash. Look at your screen. There should be two marks dots or circles where each blade tip should be when the wipers are parked. The alignment must be perfect as even a small difference will cause clashing blades. Tou need to unbolt the arms and pull them off to realign correctly. You may well need a small puller to get wiper arms off the splines.

The small one on ours is now 13" instead of 14" . No clashes now and work just fine.
Just fitted a pair of Bosch A300S 1st thing I noticed the new Bosch are 5mm shorter than the ones somone had fitted earlier. They are noticeably smoother & quieter. Definitely recommend these blades. I have just ordered a new pair for my wife’s Beetle Cabrio (diff part No)

Just fitted a pair of Bosch A300S 1st thing I noticed the new Bosch are 5mm shorter than the ones somone had fitted earlier. They are noticeably smoother & quieter. Definitely recommend these blades. I have just ordered a new pair for my wife’s Beetle Cabrio (diff part No)
BOSCH are quality items and the blades have graphite in teh rubber mix which makes them smoother. I too find they are worth the extra cost as they work better than most otheres.

Back