General Coolant bleed valve

Currently reading:
General Coolant bleed valve

bellini006

Can any one help me with locating the bleed valve for coolant? It isn't on rad or thermostat. Thanks

So there isn't a bleed valve just make sure there is water in it and leave the cap off then let it warm up?

yep, i thought it was odd too when i had my GT but thats what many GT owners told me to do.. Just check the levels after its cooled down as it will go down as it cools and if it goes too low air will get in the system again..

I thought this was so strange but its exactly the same with my new suzuki's - seems so stupid but thats just the way they are designed to bleed :shrug: Some GT rad's do have a bleed but that only bleeds the rad and not the heater circuit or actual engine. Not sure if its necessary on the punto but i did it with the heater set to full hot like you have to on a cinq.

I changed the thermostat and the rad fan switch fill it with water waited for it to get hot everything was ok, hot heaters, fan came in just over 1/2 way, I let come on 4 or 5 times. I left it to cool down for 2ish hours needed a bit let it heat up again fan came 3 times and was all well. Went to work this morning after driving for a while heaters went cold and car over heated? I'm gonna change the sensor in the thermostat has anyone got any more suggestions wot it could be. Could it be a cracked head or head gasket? Hope not. Thx again

I'd say head gasket as it sounds like it's burning water. Has your coolant level dropped??

When I start driving and the heaters go cold and so forth, wen I pull over and slowly open cap it overflows and then touch top hose, bottom hose, heater matrix pipes and it feels like there isn't any water in them.

Sounds like it's either burning water, ie head gasket or you might have a leak from the water pump side. More likely the former unfortunately.

Hi guys I.'ve come to the conclusion that I need to try the water pump failing that head gasket. can anyone give me a link or guides on how to remove belts and so forth. (on a 98 punto gt ). Thx much appreciated.

Back