Technical Control unit glow plugs

Currently reading:
Technical Control unit glow plugs

ragnvid

Hi!
I have some problem with my Fiat Ducato 244 2,8 JTD 2003. The glow plugs not working. Anyone who has the wiring diagram for this parts? Parts list?
Br Micke

Hi Micke,

A 2.8 JTD engine does not have glowplugs.

The cold starting device is often a flame starter, but in Sweden you may have a heat flange which is an electric heater fixed to the inlet manifold.

Which cold starting device do you have?

The flame starter has an electromagnetic fuel valve and a single injector/glowplug mounted on the inlet manifold.

Both devices are only used at ambient temperatures below 0C.

The other possibility is that you have the 2.3 JTD engine, which does use glowplugs.

Ok. It is 2,8 JTD. The problem are that it stops directly after start. Every 4 time it starts. So I thought it was the glow plugs not working. Do you know why?

Hi Micke,

I can only make some suggestions for you to consider, or investigate.

1. Obstruction in air supply. Has vehicle been left standing for a period of time? If so, any possibility of mice nesting in the air filter?

2. Restricted fuel supply due to clogged filter, fuel pump strainer in tank, or water in fuel?

3. Faulty crankshaft sensor. (Camshaft sensor is only used to determine stroke when starting.)

4.???????

Thanks. I have to check this things. It starts after some try, but not on first try. You mean that the camshaftsensor only uses at the start?

YES

Extract from Fiat eLearn attached.

Following from my previous post, a further suggestion.

4. Blocked exhaust system?

Attachments

• Fuel Injection Summary.pdf
    162.7 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
When it starts, it works good. It is just the starting second, its starts and stops again. After 3 or 4 try, it starts. Sometimes it starts on first try, but often after 3 or 4 try.

Back