Technical connect nav+ eeprom: how reprogram?

Currently reading:
Technical connect nav+ eeprom: how reprogram?

AndreasLauterbach

Hi there,

i have tried to update my connect nav+ and it failed. nothing goes anymore, it doesn´t even accept discs. How can i reprogram the eeprom? Please help me,

Andy

Most units that can be reprogrammed have a protected area of flash memory that contains a boot loader, this allows the unit to be reprogrammed even if there is no firmware in the flash. The problem is, any information relating to a boot loader will be information that the manufacturer only shares with service partners.

Unless anyone else has any ideas I think you might have to contact Fiat.

Hi there,

i have tried to update my connect nav+ and it failed. nothing goes anymore, it doesn´t even accept discs. How can i reprogram the eeprom? Please help me,

Andy

It is possible to reprogram it and very easy and fast but I am from Croatia and I only know two guys who do it one for 200 Euro and second for 100 Euro in Croatia. I have allso one Connect Nav+ unit that need to be reprogramed but I have in my car second working unit so i dont need 2nd unit jet. If you need any contact details I can give it to you.
I dont know where are you from? Maybe from Germany or Austria because of you name. If you come to some hollidays to Croatia you can do it fast but I hope that there is allso some other people on the forum who can help you maybe better than me.

Thanks for your offer. I won´t be in croatia the next time :-( But your answer shows me, that it is possible to reboot/reflash the unit. I will try to find another possibility
Andy

It is possible to re program the Flash providing you have:

1) The equipment for the type of flash in the Connect Nav Unit
2) You are able to remove the flash and refit it if required
3) You either have another Connect Nav unit with the same hardware that you can get download the data from with the above programmer.

Anythings passable providing you have all the correct tools and knowledge :) but not many people will have :rolleyes:

I am from vienna and i have the same problem with my nav connect + in an alfa romeo 147. Anyone around who could help me on this???

Stefan

I am from vienna and i have the same problem with my nav connect + in an alfa romeo 147. Anyone around who could help me on this???

Stefan
What happened to it? what made you think the flash is corrupted? If it failed during an update, try pressing 2, 3, 4, 5, tel or 3, 4, 5, 6, tel. I can't remember which it is. Lights should flash 3 times, then resume update.

Hello my friends.
I have the same problem with AndreasLauterbach.
Have you managed to solve this problem?

There currently isnt an on-bench solution for flashing, at least public anyway.

Its my current spare time project at the moment looking at using the JTAG pins on the CPU to program the flash, but not having much luck at the moment and dont have a lot of free time.

Dan

There currently isnt an on-bench solution for flashing, at least public anyway.

Its my current spare time project at the moment looking at using the JTAG pins on the CPU to program the flash, but not having much luck at the moment and dont have a lot of free time.

Dan
I had a look at that but it is a non starter really. You need the specific Jtag interface from the CPU manufacturer and their software.

I bought a programmer but never got round to getting the adapter for it to take the CN+ flash chips. The adapter is £100

There are two open source software projects available that support both the CPU and two type of the flash chips, the Intel and Fujitsu versions.

Also on the motherboard the JTAG test point is missing two signals used by the Renesas E10A, so Im pretty sure it isnt actually needed.

Also using something like TopJTAG and the correct BSDL files gives you full support for the processor. There are a lot of other solutions out there if you look hard enough, its just SuperH isnt as popular.

You say its a dead end, but what exactly did you try? Not many people seem to have played with the radios to this extent, it would be interesting to know what has been done before exactly.

Last edited:
I didnt try anything, just looked up what the processor was and what JTAG tools I could find to use with it. It was a couple of years ago and I gave up before getting very far, mainly because I bought a cheap CN+ with a broken screen but good main PCB on ebay and fixed mine that way.

I have quite a few CN+ bits. I dont know if you want them because I have sold the car now and lost interest in CN+'s.

Last edited:
Hi and thanks for the reply,

The Hitachi stuff only mentions their own kit, but there others but few and far between, unlike the kit thats available for ARM and MIPS based kit. A lot of the info is in Japanese too..

Ill drop you a PM about the parts you have as I would be very interested in them.

Thanks again

Dan

Hello again.
Until now nobody managed to repair my connect nav in Greece.
I asked them to send it in Italy but they don' t know where to.

This is the contact details for Magneti Marelli Checkstar in Italy for Connect Nav problems:

Claudio Brusa
Service Network
Help Desk Technical Support
Il coordinatore

Magneti Marelli
After Market Parts and Services S.p.A.
www.magnetimarelli-checkstar.it
[email protected]

There is also a company in Germany that repair them:

http://www.pavlek.de/

Ask for the price first, both will be expensive.

Who knows connect navi+ JTAG pinouts?

Does anyone knows the pinout for JTAG of hitachi SH-4? (SH7750S) or meaning of pinouts of white connector?.I need it to AR159 CN+.Downloading of firmware to flash has been corrupted and now I would like to back it to life.CN+ working only one 64M flash chip TE28F640J3C120.

Attachments

• 1310201095_web.jpg
    1310201095_web.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 91
  • DSCN0084.JPG
    DSCN0084.JPG
    169.4 KB · Views: 47
  • DSCN0148_web.JPG
    DSCN0148_web.JPG
    33.4 KB · Views: 55
  • DSCN0082.JPG
    DSCN0082.JPG
    162.3 KB · Views: 58
Re: Who knows connect navi+ JTAG pinouts?

Does anyone knows the pinout for JTAG of hitachi SH-4? (SH7750S) or meaning of pinouts of white connector?.I need it to AR159 CN+.Downloading of firmware to flash has been corrupted and now I would like to back it to life.CN+ working only one 64M flash chip TE28F640J3C120.

Copied firmware from working unit and re-flashed mine corrupted.Finally working:cool:

Back