Technical Connect NAV+ Custom Logo

Currently reading:
Technical Connect NAV+ Custom Logo

Saso&FIAT

Hello,
its my 1st post and I am allredy tryin to do some modification to my car Fiat STILO 1.9 JTD. I'm goin to Update CN+ to version 9.8 and I would like to change FIAT logo to my Own logo on my CN+.
Is it possible and HOW ?
Regards.

the only way i can think of is view the disc on a pc, if there is an image file (BMP, JPEG ETC) of the logo, replace it with the image you want, in the same file format and size, and burn a copy of the disc with this image in instead of the logo. it will also have to have the exact same file name

be warned, this may not work

Last edited:
I took a look at the cd and didn't found a image file. I believe it's not possible to change it.

As far as I can tell (although I could be wrong) the image is part of the bootloader and not the main running software. It is set when the unit is originally programmed in the factory and not changed during an upgrade.

I also tried to open the flashimage but ik can't read the information of the file. Better luck next time.

I stumble on this thread, and just want to say that it is possible to change boot screen. It is located in VXROM.OUT file on offset hx039f8 lenght is (480x234=112320, hex hx1B6C0) so the end of image is at hx1FB08. It is RAW data so probably BMP 256 color palete. Tricky part will be to find palette as it should be 1024 byte or 768 byte long. Under the boot screen in VXROM seemes to be another picture of FIAT logo (???). Palette should be located near the image data so if any of you have more versions of software can easy find where palette is located as it is not changed through the versions. I just take look at version 9.8 and everything i just said is only valid for version 9.8.

I stumble on this thread, and just want to say that it is possible to change boot screen. It is located in VXROM.OUT file on offset hx039f8 lenght is (480x234=112320, hex hx1B6C0) so the end of image is at hx1FB08. It is RAW data so probably BMP 256 color palete. Tricky part will be to find palette as it should be 1024 byte or 768 byte long. Under the boot screen in VXROM seemes to be another picture of FIAT logo (???). Palette should be located near the image data so if any of you have more versions of software can easy find where palette is located as it is not changed through the versions. I just take look at version 9.8 and everything i just said is only valid for version 9.8.

Excellent - shall check that out. I have version 11 so can have a look at that. Shall have a look the 9.8 image I have too.

Good work mate!

Dan

Last edited:
@Davren - I have absolutely no idea.

The only reason I know its 11.0 is that the build date is newer (june 2006) and it states 11.0 on the boot screen. The flash update utility is also newer (version 3.2 iirc)

Is there anything you know of you want me to try?

Dan

@Dan.... No, nothing particular. I would be good to know what functional differences there are between the different versions. I've seen references to version 15 and 15.3 on one of the Dutch or Italian sites but nobody ever seems to know what they do. :confused:

Dave.

any photos of new logo running?

Not that easy. Like the guy said, the image is easy to find, looking for the pallet is more difficult. It might be RLE encoded or otherwise and could be anywhere in the ROM.

Once thats done you need to patch the originial vxworks.rom file with the changes which is also fairly easy, recalculate the checksum of the file and place that checksum in CRC_K in your CD image. Then follow the update

It might completely brick your CN+ if it fails thats the problem.. i dont really want to try it as I have yet to find a easy way of recovering a bricked CN+.

Id just settle for a decent abarth logo personally, but you may need to get your image into a pallet of 256 colours.

I think it will be hard tofind the palette as i can see the bootlogo uses only 48 colors. It may be that only 48 colors are in the VXROM.OUT. Only way to find if there is pallete is to make program to read data from file and set palete, and if the picture look ok then you find right palete. BUT 48 colors used in boot screen dos not have to be in order in 256 palete Picture can use 1,7,37..73,103...117... color from palete. That would almost imposibile to find right palete.

I have another idea, If anyone can find or have that bitmap from on some CD from FIAT or some diler we can take palete from that picture and then find where it is located in VXROM.OUT. This is the easy way.

This is boot logo i replace in my Omnitech s1000 GPS. It is 480x272 16-bit,no alpha, flip lines order. It can easy be adjusted to 480x234 8-bit as it has similar colours.

Attachments

• startup.zip
    35.5 KB · Views: 132

This file VXROM.OUT, where is located? It´s not the file in CD, as the image appears everytime the Nav+ turns on, even without a CD on it.

Cheers, Rafael

Back