General Complete Set of Headlight Bulbs - £50

Currently reading:
General Complete Set of Headlight Bulbs - £50

Just ordered a complete set of headlight bulbs for our Multiwagon.

I fitted Osram bulbs last time and they were great so I'm fitting them again.

Brought these:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/270953228690

These:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/270907779019

And these:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/170804880074

The front bumper will be off the Stilo(and the missus's Alfa) this weekend weather permitting. Headlights out, cleaned, bulbs changed and refitted.

I'll be doing a few night runs up north over the next few months so want a good set of headlights.

Need to change the wiper blades too, I'm sure I read something about Bosch triple edge aero (or something like that) were good. Can anyone enlighten me with the correct name, a link would good too.

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
I trust the police in your area are slack because the sidelights you have chosen are illegal - white lights only to the front!

The others are great.

Stilo headlights have blue lenses over the the side light bulbs. I'm just making them a little more blue. ;)

And the listing says they're road legal.

Attachments

• SDC17024.jpg
    SDC17024.jpg
    236.8 KB · Views: 39
  • Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    337.9 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
my local car supplies shop was shutting down, got a set of night breakers for £10 as the staff couldn't give a sh*t any more :slayer:

Blue lights are legal to the front as long as they cover two factors. 1. They can not or do not flash. 2. They are not a replacement for a factory fitted main or marker (side) light. I'd be very wary of changing the colour of the side lights to anything but white. If in doubt, give VOSA a look.

The last side light bulbs I installed had a nasty yellow glow to them resulting in a strange snoty green tint to my headlights.

Cheap side light bulbs with yellow glow + blue lens in the headlight = nasty green glow .. :yuck:

So I've brought these road legal(according to the listing) bulbs with a blue tint in the hope it will stop my headlights looking like they're full of mouldy snot.

I'm hoping the blue is only a tint like that you sometimes get from factory fitted HIDs.

If its too blue I'll be swopping back to snot coloured side lights ... :(

I'll upload a vid once they're installed, see if you all think they're legal or not.

Edit.
Is the glass of the bulbs I purchased actually tinted blue or is it the light they produce that has the blue tint?

Last edited:
The front side light bulbs Fiat supply for the Stilo have a blue tint to the glass.

I thought they did when I swopped the last lot but wasn't sure. I thought these Osram ones looked like a direct swop.

I'll take a few photo's and make a quick vid of the results once I have them.

Not sure how the old bill or an mot place would be able to tell anyway as the bulbs are covered by the blue lense in the head light. I guess if I installed a completely blue bulb it would be obvious but these only have a slight blue tint.

They should be here today or tomorrow, so weather permitting I'll get them fitted so you guys can have a look, see what you think.

I've seen those Blue LED's some put on the front of their cars, they a very blue, an obvious breach of the law.

But these I've purchased are only tinted, similar to the original Fiat bulbs so I guess the "like for like" part of the law is ok, plus they have the E mark. :confused:

Time will tell I suppose.

I know the sort you mean now. I would imagine the legallity of them will most probably depend on which side of the bed the officer who looks at them fell out of! Easy solution, just keep two spare white ones in the car. If the old nick says no, just change them and go. Happy days.

Some of the bulbs were delivered this morning, most importantly the blue tinted side light bulbs.

As you can see from the attached pics the H7(low beam) also has a blue tint, but not as much as the side light bulb.

Its also "E" marked but from what I read that doesn't seem to mean much if the old bill that pull you over are having a bad day.

So what you all think, shall I fit them and see how the look? After all they're only 5 watt, not sure you'd even notice them when the low or high beams are on.

Attachments

• 2012-04-28-282.jpg
    2012-04-28-282.jpg
    338.1 KB · Views: 17
  • 2012-04-28-284.jpg
    2012-04-28-284.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 18
  • 2012-04-28-283.jpg
    2012-04-28-283.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 19
Last edited:
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Its also "E" marked but from what I read that doesn't seem to mean much if the old bill that pull you over are having a bad day.

So what you all think, shall I fit them and see how the look? After all they're only 5 watt, not sure you'd even notice them when the low or high beams are on.

As the original side light bulb fitted by Fiat has a blue tint, the car must have been type approved for Europe with them fitted.

If Mr Plod doesn't go for that, then switch the lights off and show him the blue tinted bulb covers. They're part of the headlamp, which was also type approved, and has visible E marks.

I'd fit them. Like I said earlier, just keep a couple of white ones in the car. If the bacon cozzers (how many variations for the police can forum members come up with?) say you can't have them, change them. If not, ice cool lights!

Update.

I installed the new bulbs today.

Including the blue tinted sidelight bulbs.

There's very little difference between the clear and the tinted IMO.

Here's a vid, what do you think?

[ame="http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm189/Shadeyman67/?action=view&current=2012-04-30-289.mp4"]2012-04-30-289.mp4 video by Shadeyman67 - Photobucket@@AMEPARAM@@http://vid296.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid296.photobucket.com/albums/mm189/Shadeyman67/2012-04-30-289.mp4@@AMEPARAM@@vid296@@AMEPARAM@@296@@AMEPARAM@@mm189/Shadeyman67/2012-04-30-289@@AMEPARAM@@mp4[/ame]

Back