Technical Cold engine low rpm

Currently reading:
Technical Cold engine low rpm

HGT outlaw

Hi guys, i have a problem in my punto hgt when the engine is cold the rpm dont go up normally in hgt when the engine is cold jr keep 1100/1200 rpm but mine keeps 800/700 rpm and if i give a bit of gas the engine does dont keep the rpm and let it die, i already change injectors, fuel pump, throttle body and i cant resolve the problem if anyone have any guess help me pls.

Im sorry for my bad english 😅

How did you end up replacing all these parts without a proper diagnose? Just loading the parts cannon is a money pit.
It could be a lot of problems eg a huge air leak,maf issues, camshaft or crankshaft sensors misalignment,egr stuck closed etc
Do you have it pluged to read any dtc codes? Is check engine light on?

Last edited:
How did you end up replacing all these parts without a proper diagnose? Just loading the parts cannon is a money pit.
It could be a lot of problems eg a huge air leak,maf issues, camshaft or crankshaft sensors misalignment etc
Do you have it pluged to read any dtc codes? Is check engine light on?
I forget to day i Did a huge intervention Where i change almost everything in the engine is almost brand new and i took it to my friends workshop and in the obd the engine have 0 errors, the engine light is off the most wierd is the engine at normal temperarure work fine

Hi guys, i have a problem in my punto hgt when the engine is cold the rpm dont go up normally in hgt when the engine is cold jr keep 1100/1200 rpm but mine keeps 800/700 rpm and if i give a bit of gas the engine does dont keep the rpm and let it die, i already change injectors, fuel pump, throttle body and i cant resolve the problem if anyone have any guess help me pls.

Im sorry for my bad english 😅
Boas,
Estou com o mesmo problema, custa a pegar e se acelerar a fundo ele parece que quer ir abaixo. Já mudei velas e sensor de cambota, e coloquei limpa injetores com gasolina 98 aditivada, melhorou mas o problema mantém-se.
Pelo que tenho visto poderá ser uma fuga de ar na admissão, o que causa uma mistura de ar e combustível errada e daí o carro engasgar.

Boas,
Estou com o mesmo problema, custa a pegar e se acelerar a fundo ele parece que quer ir abaixo. Já mudei velas e sensor de cambota, e coloquei limpa injetores com gasolina 98 aditivada, melhorou mas o problema mantém-se.
Pelo que tenho visto poderá ser uma fuga de ar na admissão, o que causa uma mistura de ar e combustível errada e daí o carro engasgar.
Check fuel trims at idle vs load and you will see if an air leak is present.If it's lean at idle but improves at high rpm, a vacuum leak is probably the cause.

Check fuel trims at idle vs load and you will see if an air leak is present.If it's lean at idle but improves at high rpm, a vacuum leak is probably the cause.
Hi mate,
I disassembled today the fuel pump and it may be the problem because the middle piece where the fuel filter conects (i don't know the technical name of it) fell as soon as I removed the pump, and it isn't supposed to happen. I check why it fells and saw that the conector to the pump (that makes vacuum) was damaged so now I have to replace the fuel pump.
I hope so then the car is fine.
Thank you for your reply and your help.
Kind regards :)

Boas,
boas,
Pois mas eu tbm troquei o coletor de admissão pq o meu antigo tinha uma pequena rachadela e tbm troquei a borboleta nessa altura o problema continua, tudo indica q deve ser o sensor de detonação eu meti um novo quando refiz o motor mas n eram original e vi um rapaz a falar sobre estes carros e ele diz q se o sensor n for original que o motor n vai trabalhar a 100% e q os sintomas q o meu tem foi o ele descreveu, eu penso q a marca original é MTK e eu tenho um da skf, arranjei um original pq o q tinha original antes de refazer o motor está todo esfiapado.
Vou por um novo e dps dou notícias pode ser que resolva

Back