General Coilovers?

Currently reading:
General Coilovers?

I just missed out on buying a set of weitec coilovers on ebay :cry:

so this might have been covered before but i cant find a definite answer

which is better, FK or JOM?

some people say theres no difference between them? but theres a £50 price gap so there must be some difference in quality??

any helps appriciated. thanks (y)

I just missed out on buying a set of weitec coilovers on ebay :cry:

so this might have been covered before but i cant find a definite answer

which is better, FK or JOM?

some people say theres no difference between them? but theres a £50 price gap so there must be some difference in quality??

any helps appriciated. thanks (y)

alrite mate

this thread is about them: https://www.fiatforum.com/grande-punto/238682-jom-coilovers-kit-grande-punto-250-any-good.html

a lad i know had the JOM coilovers and he likes them and had no problems as far as i know
send him a message: dj_mtbiker_no1

Hi mate,

I've got JOM coilovers on my GP, had no issues whatsoever. To the best of my knowledge, as others have commented, they are essentially the same coilover.

However, I spoke to a supplier (who sells both FK and JOM) who recommended I buy JOM as there are massive issues when it comes to returns with FK as you need to contact them in mainland Europe - not to mention supply issues - whereas with JOM, returns are dealt with in the UK. Plus when I bought the JOMs I got a 2 year warranty instead of the 1 you get with FK.

How much do these items budget coilovers cost? How much of that money has been spent on the R&D & testing of them? - any more than Fiat spent on the OE units? I doubt it very much and knowing that the OE units are made to a tight budget anyway, yes even the sports set-up... Better with the devil you know then perhaps? That's why I'm thinking I won't bother changing them unless it's for Bilstein or Eibach. There's a reason why they cost £800. They're worth it. At c£200 a wheel it's money well spent, I reckon. Although I do wish Fiat had spent the extra ££ in the first place, but that's a pipe dream I know.

Back