Technical coil pack/ oil sensor failure

Currently reading:
Technical coil pack/ oil sensor failure

Firhill fool

Hi all I'm new to the site and so far it's saved me money (which I love to do). I had a problem with the ignition and after reading the site found it to be the ignition coil pack on number 1 cylinder. So bought a new one from Fiat,after changing it the car runs great but the oil pressure sensor failure sign is now showing on the dash. In changing the coil pack could I have done something to make this happen. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
It's a 52 plate, 3 door, 1.2 Active.

hi.

i don't know the stilo inside out, but the oil pressure sensor should be near the oil filter. It has a single cable running into it. It is not the one that is pointing at a toothed wheel, that is the TDC sensor.

The wiring runs down the cam belt cover, this will be near the wiring to coil pack on cylinder number 1. Check you have not damaged the wire that runs to the oil pressure sensor when you have changed the coil. If the insulation is damaged on the oil pressure sensor, and it shorts out, it will put the oil pressure warning on.

as i say, i'm not up on Stilos, so someone may come along with a better idea - but its something which i'd say is worth checking in mean time :)

Back