Clever Sods

Currently reading:
Clever Sods

Si

Work Hard Play Hard
Beau you are excluded from replying cause we all know you hate Tesco :D

Anyway last night I did my usual "get rid of those clubcard vouchers" shopping trip.

Just been looking at my receipt and noticed something.

I get a voucher for buy ice cream get 25 points. So I did but then I found Haagen Daaz had buy two for £5 offer, it's like they saw me coming. Evil Tesco :devil:

Alex-R said:
i like tecos idea about re-using the shopping bags though.

concept good, implementation bad.

Earlier this week I thought I'd give this idea a crack, took a tesco bag in and went to get some lunch. It's down to the checkout staff to issue "green points" at their discretion. The stupid woman wouldn't accept I bought my back in. So out of principal, bitched to customer services and got my sole 1 point. However it's not encouraged me to continue recycling the bags.

We don't tend to use Tesco - but as for re-using the bags, well we use them already for rubbish, etc, around the house. So if we were to re-use them for shopping, then our shopping itself would have to include buying 'new' bags for rubbish :chin:

were trying to start the same kind of thing at sainsburys (re using bags) we did used to do a scheme where we gave a penny back to you forr every bag you reused, but that fell through.

as for the voucher, was it for a certain ice cream or just 'ice cream'? if was just general ice cream you shoulda still got your points i think

The voucher was just for any ice cream, but I do like Haagen. Tesco do track what you buy, it's like they knew giving me a voucher against ice cream would mean I purchase HD and timed it when there is an offer on, so instead of buying one, I purchase two tubs :D

BrOwS said:
The voucher was just for any ice cream, but I do like Haagen. Tesco do track what you buy, it's like they knew giving me a voucher against ice cream would mean I purchase HD and timed it when there is an offer on, so instead of buying one, I purchase two tubs :D

Well least they give you useful vouchers. Bunny had to buy some cat food for her sister (for her sister's cat, not her sister) and come the next quarter we got vouchers off cat food :rolleyes:

Shame we don't own a cat yet :(

I could murder a tub of ben & jerries now but the supermarkets are closed.. maybe the tesco express will have some?

Back