Classic car insurance

Currently reading:
Classic car insurance

A

Ant Wells

Been reading about what qualifies as classic in the UK and Wiki suggests that it is down to the insurance and depends on the 'collectability' of the car. Does this mean the Bravo HGT will soon be considered classic as the numbers are dwindling rapidly? OR does it go on make rather than model?

Would be interesting as it could mean cheaper insurance :)

ive always thought it was down to its age too.
i mean a collectors classic car would be an x reg (from last time round) ford fiesta or vw beetle,an A reg rs16001 etc etc

i doubt the hgt will be come a classic soon

ive got a mazda mx5 h reg import the eunos , an thats on classic insurance , my mate pays £170 a year on it , ive also just picked up a J reg mr2 2.0 toyota ,import also available on classic insurance,

not sure about the hgt though,

tvr's ya can put on classic insurance now, since the stopped production in blackpool

I've been reading around and it depends on the insurance company. There are not set criteria in the UK. Some say 15 years(which means the MK1 HGT will be a classic soon) while other say 25+ years.

what about the 20vt? lol

im gonna wait till my new ins year is up (may) which will then make the bravo 15 years old,i will give it a try then :)

@ Antj: Your always getting your hands on something you mate.

@mike ha ha you wonna buy any of them lol,

got a 2001 mk4 astra cab aswell lol,