Citroen Visa at Lansdown Road, Swindon.jpg

Citroen Visa17D

My first brand new car. Citroen Visa17D with matching coloured glass sunroof. The car was ill feted.

Introduction

My first brand new car. I wanted a BX and couldnt afford one. Within a month of purchase it had to dodge a full sized french window that left the roof of a van on the motorway, rose about 75ft into the air and crashed down onto the road in front. It clobbered a brand new Jag but I noticed the problem and had hit the brakes to the max so just ran over a load of glass and bits of smashed wood. A few weeks later it was hit by a motorcyclist who turned out without looking and did the entire offside. The dealer did an appalling job of the reapir and my affection for it was gone. I did 80K in that car before selling it 18 months later for a BX. It did its share of caravan towing and was towbar no 6 that I fitted (from memory). It averaged 65mpg and never missed a beat. It had weak brakes tho that suffered terminal fade on a number of occasions so I never missed it once it was moved on.
Citroen Visa at Lansdown Road, Swindon.jpg
Reactions: porta and H130GNK
I had a S/H one with the 650cc 2CV aircooled engine in it.
That was the one I mentioned a few days ago buying from a car salesman cheap due to "major" brake issue.
It was bright yellow and in logbook previous owner was a Lord I assume not his only form of transport.;)

I had a S/H one with the 650cc 2CV aircooled engine in it.
That was the one I mentioned a few days ago buying from a car salesman cheap due to "major" brake issue.
It was bright yellow and in logbook previous owner was a Lord I assume not his only form of transport.;)
Lord Such?
Looking back, not a great car, but a good motor in mine 1769 D. They had had charcter though.

Back