IMGP9290.JPG

Cinquecento Cinquecento sporting Abarth...

Introduction

Hi ,
Ive done it again , I now own my second cinquecento .. so now i own a 1242 8v "sx" which some of you may know ...
i seen it advertised for sale in the classifieds so spoke to the lad selling it , arraged a date to view it 740 miles later , theres 2 cinquecentos sitting on my drive

got it home , Replaced the bat, ( tryed starting it when we picked it up but it was dead so had to jump start it with leads ) With the new bat on it started first turn of the key ,
also gave the Rear arches/ boot floor a Good coat of wax oil , to help it stop rusting , as its Sold as 100% rust free ,,, just found a little bit on the back arch , so addressed that asap :)

also the front brakes seem a bit poor . so started giveing them a good clean :) just need to get another tyre to put on my alloys then its mot time

bit of specs on the car ...( Ripped from the Advert)

A nice, tastefully modified Cinquecento Sporting Abarth. She has been on the forum for a long long while now and i hope she continues to be. I have owned her since December ‘07. Car is mad cheap to insure and is group 2. Small, nippy and easy to park and drive. LOW MILAGE! Only 64,000 miles! I ride a bike almost all year round. Registered in the last year of the cinquecento before the seicento. Car is registered in ’98 on an R plate. I put brand new bilstein shocks and eibach springs, the original dampers were knackerd but i still have the original springs.
Most of her history is in pictures on the forum due to her FF owners, and she has been spoilt rotten. I have a massice thick folder of history. Anyway, here is the list of mods:

Exterior:

-100% RUST FREE!
-Bodywork and paint in original factory Imola blue and in great condition
- Genuine Fiat Abarth (stamped) front and rear bumpers, side skirts and spoiler with brake light.
- Black vinyled B pillars
- 3 x 13" speedline Alloys (see below)
-Rare 14” Punto Abarth speedline Alloys
- Bilstein gas charged shocks
- Eibach -35mm lower springs
- Janspeed Stainless steel exhaust
- Red dot front discs
-Pressed numberplate

Interior:

- Black seat belts instead of standard red ones (clash with leather)
- A sunroof that doesn't leak!
- Full Leather Interior; front and rear seats, door cards and gear stick gaitor.
- Abarth Steering wheel.
- Abarth tax disc holder
- Abarth mats

Engine:

Runs beautifully, one of the things that most impressed me about this car. The FIRE series engine still runs like a sewing machine and never let me down.

- Polished rocker cover.
- Magnecor 85mm HT Leads
- Sparco Adjustable strut brace.
- 1108cc with 1240 P60 head
- Punto 75 cam
- 40mm webber Throttle body
- ECU is McCritch chipped
- Beautifull one-off Italian Performance Carbon Fibre Induction Kit
- Thatcham Cat.1 Toad Alarm Ai 606
- Remote Central Locking.
- Car is de-cat but i have a cat for MOTs

- pioneer front speakers, tweeters on a-pillars and infinity 6x9s.
- Spare wheel and original tool kit

Well spent Almost all day today ( 26 feb) doing Wash, Dry , clay with quick detailer, Wash, Dry , Polish with auto glym super resin , poorboys black hole , Poor boys Spr ( i think it was) , then One layer of wax , need to do another one tomorrow morning , but as it is its Shiny ,
Got a little bit more done on her this weekend ,
got my hubs back with new bearings in , ccleaned one down and painted it black so it looks Clean and fresh 2 out of 4 calipers have been rubbed down and painted in VHT paint

also got my last piston out to check condition or rings ect , fitted water pump and bought some instant gasket and some underseal paint stuff (cant spell it)

also took my bonnet to get paint matched , bought half a liter of paint to do my bumpers and bonnet again ,

Refurbed my coilovers , and fitted new springs ( well new to me) and a little bit more , Will upload pictures when i get home from work (thumb up)

Also just bought some Mtec drilled and groved disks for the front

and also my Flock Arrived today so im happy and will be cleaning my dash binical up tomorow morning

also my fade out sunstrip came , and a new tube of autosol

Picturesss

icturees of , Refurbing my Brake calipers , Rubbing back to metal and repainting With RED vht paint , My dad Refurbed my coilovers for me :) happy chappy and i have fitted some New ( to me) springs , better pound rateing and better lows , some paint for when my bonnet gets painted .. duh
New brake disks from MTEC , just got to wait to buy my new pads

Attachments

• IMAG0509.jpg
    IMAG0509.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 74
  • IMAG0513.jpg
    IMAG0513.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 76
  • IMAG0517.jpg
    IMAG0517.jpg
    782.2 KB · Views: 79
  • IMAG0515.jpg
    IMAG0515.jpg
    925.7 KB · Views: 72
  • IMAG0535.jpg
    IMAG0535.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 71
  • IMAG0524.jpg
    IMAG0524.jpg
    797.6 KB · Views: 78
  • IMAG0529.jpg
    IMAG0529.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 79
  • IMAG0528.jpg
    IMAG0528.jpg
    997.8 KB · Views: 69
  • IMAG0514.jpg
    IMAG0514.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 75
  • IMAG0532.jpg
    IMAG0532.jpg
    975.9 KB · Views: 69
  • IMAG0533.jpg
    IMAG0533.jpg
    1,008.2 KB · Views: 75
  • IMAG0534.jpg
    IMAG0534.jpg
    991.1 KB · Views: 70
  • IMAG0536.jpg
    IMAG0536.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 91
  • IMAG0542.jpg
    IMAG0542.jpg
    899.3 KB · Views: 71
  • IMAG0543.jpg
    IMAG0543.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 83
  • IMAG0518.jpg
    IMAG0518.jpg
    687.5 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
Since blue73 is the only one watching ill update for him :)

ill llet the pictures do the talking
Last picture isof My gear box mount ,,, FULL if grass and mud ... I dont know were ive been to get it that full (y)

Attachments

• IMAG0560.jpg
    IMAG0560.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 80
  • IMAG0561.jpg
    IMAG0561.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 77
  • IMAG0564.jpg
    IMAG0564.jpg
    886.4 KB · Views: 71
  • IMAG0568.jpg
    IMAG0568.jpg
    872.3 KB · Views: 70
  • IMAG0570.jpg
    IMAG0570.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 80
  • IMAG0577.jpg
    IMAG0577.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 73
  • IMAG0576.jpg
    IMAG0576.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 74
  • IMAG0575.jpg
    IMAG0575.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 77
  • IMAG0574.jpg
    IMAG0574.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 77
  • IMAG0571.jpg
    IMAG0571.jpg
    887.8 KB · Views: 88
  • IMAG0578.jpg
    IMAG0578.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 88
  • IMAG0581.jpg
    IMAG0581.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 93
  • IMAG0582.jpg
    IMAG0582.jpg
    910.5 KB · Views: 82
sorry Reuuk, fogot to tag :p

yep Head skimmed proper, :) Engine Fully timed up and fine (touch wood)

whats next :p well , Clean the Exh mani up propley , get that mounted , Got my mani bolts cleaned up and new nuts , going to get my altnator pully on and get the alt belt tentioned ,

cleaned the gearbox back up and gave it another fresh coat of paint , Will be getting lacqured this time , need to replace one CV boot , so need to do that before engine goes in

also need to buy a new cluch what i need soon :p as the one i took out was a 3 paddle race cluch and it was a little bit to much for town use

and some more what im going to keep to my self :) so keep tuned Guys

yep i know , Just waiting to be payed from work :p just had to tax the pug and ive bought it something special :p im just trying to get all the engine and that ready , it dosnt matter if the bonnet is a little chipped , Ill roll down with the Bad boy on :p and then people can write on it

Back