Technical Cinquecento immobiliser problem

Currently reading:
Technical Cinquecento immobiliser problem

p.kane1981

Hey Guys,

I bought a Fiat Cinquecento, N reg around 3 months ago. I am having a problem with the Immobiliser, When I try and start the car it is hit and miss if the immobiliser light on the dash board goes off and I can get it to start, If the light goes off the car start ever time. I have tried it with both keys (Red and Blue) and I get the same problem.

Can anybody please help me with this problem, Is they a way of bypassing the immobiliser or will I have to have new new keys cut?

I am great full if somebody can please me on this problem.
Cheers Guys
Paul

Hey, Thanks for getting back to me so fast.
Yes its the orange code light key icon that will not go off, and yes ita sporting and the induction loop is in place...

Don't mind Custard he is our enthusiastic (and knowledgable) moderator who has been the target of a hate campain on his Cinq's

Seriously though if your a new Cinq owner then you will find this place invaluable. With over 120K posts you can find the answers to nearly every problem a Cinq could possibly have so it's worth searching before you post next time;)

cheers mate, i really am greatfull for all you help. i'll let you no how i get on with this chip....

hey arc, i`ve just tried what you said and its help a little. i`ve just tried starting the car and seven out of ten times it worked.

ok, maybe clean them up a bit better. also, under the steering column inside the car there is a black box with two sets of wires coming out of it. that is the code box. try removing, cleaning and reconnecting them wires also.

There you go that's why I could never be a mod as I give the petrol head answer (bear that one in mind though as the Mckrich chip is legendary)

It is also worth checking the earthing straps, take them off clean with some fine emmery cloth or sand paper and put a small smear of grease on them before you reattach them

Back