General cinq - wheels spacers up front or not?

Currently reading:
General cinq - wheels spacers up front or not?

The car will turn in and generally handle a little better with them. they're each held on by one bolt and one spire bolt (which serves as a wheel locator as well).

Nothing to fuss about. Next time you come across an Alfa 155 in a scrapper, pinch the spacers, spire nuts and wheel bolts off that. Bigger spacers, so wider track, so better turn in.:D

The standard spacers on the sporting are 3mm and bolted to the hubs, they may not be immediately visible as road/brake crud may have built up and hidden the join line.
What size are the alfa 155 spacers?

From memory, 8mm. And they bolt straight on. Only problem is that they're steel.

I've got 2 sets of standard 3mm ones on mine (ie 6mm) which are made of steel also and the only problem I have is that the wheels aren't as easy to locate when putting them back on as you lose another 3mm of the central landing, I would imagine this is the same for the alfa ones?

I've got 2 sets of standard 3mm ones on mine (ie 6mm) which are made of steel also and the only problem I have is that the wheels aren't as easy to locate when putting them back on as you lose another 3mm of the central landing, I would imagine this is the same for the alfa ones?

I guess, although the spire nuts help.

Back