Technical Cinq upgrade

Currently reading:
Technical Cinq upgrade

Eoin611

Just a quick question to anybody who might know. Have an 1108cc cinq sporting, will a 1242cc 8 valve spi engine give much of an advantage considering I can't tune the the engine a lot? limited to skimming the head and block by a few thou. Rules be rules unfortunately.

Eoin611 said:
Just a quick question to anybody who might know. Have an 1108cc cinq sporting, will a 1242cc 8 valve spi engine give much of an advantage considering I can't tune the the engine a lot? limited to skimming the head and block by a few thou. Rules be rules unfortunately.

Who's rules? What are you using it for?

John

Eoin611 said:

As the man says,

who's rules?

Cheers

D

Racing it on short tarmac oval in South of Ireland. Very similiar to autograss in UK only we have no grass! The rules governing our small cc classes limit engines to standard tune only. Our 1650cc and upto 3500cc class are unlimited thankfully. Hence my 2.2vtec type R found its way into my X1/9.

Depends if you want to go for power or more torque... The 1242 will develop alot more torque at the cost of not being able to rev as high (limiting maximum power development through increasing the revs). But as its in standard tune anyway, 1242 is definately the way forward.

Perhaps consider the 1.2 16v or even the 1.4 14v SuperFire blocks? Standard tune you're looking at 80bhp and 100bhp respectively. Will require more work to fit but could be worth it... :)

I have a 1242 8v with any amount of tuning done to it if you want to meet up for a look. Where in Ireland are you?

How in the name of God did you get a 2.2 VTEC into an X1/9? Post pics please! Was there still room to sit in it?

Last edited:
Back