Technical Cinq Sporting Suspect Gearbox

Currently reading:
Technical Cinq Sporting Suspect Gearbox

Hi

I have a different thread running but this is more focussed on suspension which I have now resolved.

I have a really strange grinding noise coming from the N/S/F or gearbox under hard accelleration in 1st and 2nd gear.

I am starting to suspect its the gearbox on its way out. I have done the usual things like change rear mount, checked over all suspension and rubbers and wheel bearings.

Does anyone have any suggestions on this? At the moment I can live with it but it is a bit annoying and concerning. Last thing I want is to break down during "spirited use"!

Change the oil. Use a bit of filter paper as you take the old oil and look for bits that shouldn't be there.

Cheers

D

Rallycinq, I have changed and filtered the oil as you recommended and I must say there were no signs of metal bits in the filtered oil.

At least that is a good sign. I am wondering if the gear stick linkage may be worn. Have you come across this ever? I am have no gear selection problems though.

If you cannot think of anything then to be honest I think I am going to leave it as all seems well. I handles well, I will just have to put the stereo up a little more!

Tony

Back