General cinq/sei turbo FAQ

Currently reading:
General cinq/sei turbo FAQ

There is no definitive list ;)

there are so many variations such as controllers, turbos, manifolds, injection setups, etc....some of it you may have to make or have made up bespoke.

Do a lot of research and read the forum, and then you may be in a better position to decide what you want out of your turbo, rather than what a bunch of different people all think you want.

Personally if I was to do it, I'd go low comp forged piston, mpi fueling, MS or other management, a nice water cooled RGT5 turbo or similar...or if i was feeling very brave, a massive bumper and twin turbo setup with ARP head studs :D remote oil filter and cooler and I'd get a SS manifold bent up for me.....but thats cause if i WAS to do it, I'd let rip :D

Kristian

Hi, I'm thinking about turboing my 1242 8v 75 mpi engine. I have an aquamist mf2 piggyback and an fcd. I would like to know if the mf2 can manage directly my 4 injectors or I have to use the mf2 with an extra injector in the top of tb, keeping my 4 injectors with my standard p75 ecu.

Ok what about exhaust sytem for the turbo conversion?
My elbow downpipe from the t15 turbo is in 2", do you think I need a full 2" exhaust system (decat + cat back ), or I can keep decat pipe and cat back in standard size (1 3/4")?

Ok, more questions..

dump valves.. At the mo, i have a spec-r twin piston item and a bailey's single piston one. What type should be fitted to my car :confused:. From what i've read twin pistons are only for cars with a MAF sensor, so being that we have MAP sensors instead i'm inclined to think single piston. Correct?

edit: @jamie, new belt and tensioner fitted ;)

baileys do both, either DV24 or DV26 single or twin respectively, or DV34/DV36 are the same but with trumpets..

Jamie, that baileys one you gave me that was being wierd, the rubber seal on the piston was fubar'd hence it wasn't working properly for you. Have tried to get a rebuild kit for it to no avail.. The Spec-R twin piston one that came the old tub cinq did work fine mate, it just needed a bloody good clean. For reasons i can't understand it doesn't hold boost anymore..

I ordered a diaphram type DV yesterday having spoken to Martin and Aaron about it on the chat.. It is this one.

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Back