Chipped doors

Currently reading:
Chipped doors

wellbeloved747

So my mum borrowed my gp today whilst I was at work, and she's been in town.

When I got home I noticed that the film of dirt on my car had been cleaned around the edge of my door, upon closer inspection shed opened my door against a brick wall!!! IM FUMING

I know that this will happen again due to the wide doors but I need something to minimise the damage, any ideas, I don't want Something that will ruin the look, so my thoughts would be helicopter tape but I don't know if this would give enough protection from bloody brick work!

Might be worth getting some nice thick good quality Vinyl, and cutting it into a strip to run down the door, Could get a colour match to the car or even something funky like carbon fibre effect!

My car was an ex demo and had some knocks along the edge of the door which I've touched up and now aren't visible. Some people are so careless.

You can get those plastic strips that slip on but they do look a bit rubbish. Maybe worth it in the long run though.

Car 12Inch Clear Door guard Snap On Protector Fits Most Car Doors:Amazon.co.uk:Car & Motorbike

How did u touch up the edges?
Mine's lost bare paint from careless friends.
Thanks

Dave - Wycombe - 02 Punto

Back